Thursday, July 27, 2006

Just a Quick "Good Morning" Note

Good Thursday morning! Boy, the days are just flying by! Having Papa's funeral on Tuesday just really messed my week up and I'm still adjusting to what day it is. Hard to believe that the weekend is almost here again!

Heading down to Tuscaloosa this morning to hang out with Mom and Dad and my nephews. We're gonna go swimming, go out to eat, hang out at the house, and then do some back-to-school shopping with Mom (she has the tradition of buying all the girls at least one new outfit for school). Then, hopefully, we'll get to meet up with Angela for a night-cap coffee at the bookstore!

Just swimming along here. Some stuff going on . . .

* I'm loving the new Milo's sweet tea. Has anyone else tried this stuff? It's made with Splenda, but takes almost exactly like the orginal sweet tea. And, let me tell you, if you are not from the South and haven't had Milo's tea then you haven't really had sweet tea. It's the best thing next to homemade (and maybe just as good . . .) But now, I can actually drink an entire gallon and not feel so guilty. LOL

* I'm also loving this new scrapbook book, Scrapbook Shortcuts with quizzes and questions.

It's all about getting to know yourself and getting to know the people in your life--which is really what scrapbooking is all about, I think. My friend, Adrienne, has jumpstarted an idea I already had brewing in my brain about doing an album dedicated to this sort of idea. So, I'm hoping to get started on it this weekend.

* So excited because I finished another article yesterday. It was for the real estate section of the newspaper here in town and was a pretty neat one to work on. And then I got some great quotes from some contacts for another article due by Monday; it's about how blogging can be a ministry tool for Christians, so it's really a fun idea to be working on.

* Something else I'm loving . . .and why does it always come down to food for me? LOL Took McKenna, Lori, and Brett to Arby's yesterday (again, things like this are the CLOSEST McKenna gets to a date--going to church or out to eat--with parents present--together). Arby's has this new 4 for $5 thingie. You can get 4 things-sandwich, fries, turnover, drink, cheese sticks, milkshake, any of those things--for $5. Why in the heck does stuff like that get me excited?

* I actually sat down and watched three new movies on DVD in the last day and a half. That NEVER happens around here! We are usually too busy, or I'm falling asleep during the middle of them, or I need to be washing clothes instead. But, McKenna and Lori went and rented movies and I actually got to watch several of them. Gary, Delaney, and I watched "Glory Road"--very good, inspiring movie about the first all-black starting lineup for a college basketball team (and the team won the national championship against Kentucky!) I LOVE sports movies of all kinds; they are some of my very favorite ("Hoosiers," "Remember the Titans," "Rocky," "Rudy," "Field of Dreams"--love them ALL!), so I knew I'd enjoy this one.
Also watched "Aquamarine"--VERY sweet movie. Perfect for the girls in your life, from young to old. And saw "Flight Plan," a good thriller with Jodie Foster. Pretty good one, too!

Well . . . gotta get ready to head on out to T-town. Hope all of you have a great day!!!!! Talk to you again tomorrow!!

(Okay, this post was totally supposed to have photos in with it, but blogger is screwing up and not uploading. I'll post some photos into it later on tonight when I get back home. Sorry! Perhaps you can still get the idea!!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always laugh at your random post, a great read! and I love the photos from Mckenna's trip too, nice!

Anonymous said...

Hope ya'll are having fun! I WANNA GO SWIMMING! LOL

Anonymous said...

Awesome post indeed and yes, I can't wait to try the Scrapbooks Quizzes!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun day!

Melissa said...

the scrapbook quizes book is on my 'want' list and I know a trip to barnes and noble is in my near future :)

congrats on completing your article!

and I have never had Milo tea..but it sounds yummy :)

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested