Monday, July 24, 2006

Nagging Questions from Today . . .

Okay, in living through the various activities of today, I have a few questions. Perhaps not the most important ones in the Grand Scheme of things, but I still have to ask . . .

* I'm 38-years-old. Why in the heck do I have pimples? (Yuck!! Tried to actually make myself look presentable today--I was attempting "pretty"--but instead I got a chin full of bumps. Double yuck! Wasn't I through with that at 18?)

* Why won't 14-year-old girls just leave 14-year-old boys alone? (Really--they DON'T want to be asked repeatedly if they like a certain girl and talk incessantly about it. When they stammer along and say, "I don't know," they really don't know. I've actually never been a 14-year-old boy, but I kinda have a good feeling about this.)

* Why do I keep eating even when I'm full? (Today, before and after doing stuff at the funeral home, there was food coming in and out of Gan Gan's house. Did I really need to eat that third piece of chicken? that second piece of cake? that second helping of spaghetti?)

* Why can't every day just be Barefoot Day? (along these lines--Who decided that pantyhose was a good idea?)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol,,, I hate pantyhouse and I still get pimple around "that time of the month" and you know what,,, it sucks,, I totally feel yuh

Anonymous said...

ROFLOL, I so understand! And look at you...loving the banner!

Cindy Barb said...

Barefoot you say? I try to go barefoot here at work, lol. Pantyhose, ugh!!! I guess that is why I try to fake tan my legs, lol. It had to be a guy who invented the panty hose because if you really think about it --- It is only men who (you know) love wearing them and brag how they make them feel. By the way, how is the family? I wanted to call Aunt Clara but didn't want to upset her at this time.

Greta Adams said...

oh girl...i do not do the panythose thing...if it requires panty hose i either A. don't go or B. don't wear it....try it sometimes it's nice and will keep you from going places you really didn't want to go in the 1st place...bwhahahahaha

Cheryl Wray said...

Yep, I have pretty much become anti-pantyhose. I wore a "real" dress today to Papa's funeral and didn't even consider wearing hose. It felt good!!!!

Cheryl Wray said...

Hey Cindy--
Everyone's doing really well. Of course, Clara's having a hard time with it, but I think doing pretty well. I think that Aunt Bert and Angel seemed to take it harder than anyone. Keep me updated on Nikki!!

Anonymous said...

Amen! I hate pantyhose too!

Anonymous said...

Some people show their emotions more than others. Just because there are no tears does not mean the heart is not broken.

Anonymous said...

everyday is barefoot day! And panty hose HAD to be invented by a man - just like hi-heels, makeup and wigs.