Thursday, October 05, 2006
"Lost" is So Frustrating . . . But I LOVE it!!!
Okay, last night Gary and I had a date--a date with the television!
We both made sure we were home before 8 oclock, "locked" the kids downstairs with strict instructions not to bother us, then sat ourselves down in front of the television and waited eagerly for the season premiere of "Lost" to come on. And let's just say . . . it was vintage "Lost"--full of teasers, enlightening (and confusing) flashbacks, new characters, lots of "Now what does that mean?" and "How do they know that?", and lots of unanswered questions. The only thing I hate about "Lost" is that I have a week to ponder the stuff I saw last night . . . and I have a whole week until I get any answers (if I get any then at all!)
The only thing disappointing about last night's premiere is that it focused solely on Jack, Sawyer, and Kate. Not that I don't love those three characters . . . but I totally got NO Sayid (who is my favorite guy!!), Locke, Mr. Ecko, Charlie, Hurley, Jin, Sun, or anyone else. I still have NO idea what happened back at the hatch, so I have a whole additional week to wait and find out (let's just hope that I I find out then!).
Did anyone else watch last night's episode? What did you think? (what's with the zoo and aquarium cages? do you think Jack's wife had an affair with his dad? and what about Juliet's motives? and that dress they put on Kate?)
I'm really suprised that I've become so addicted to "Lost," because we watch very little tv around our house (well, very little tv that isn't Disney Channel or sports! LOL). It's not that there aren't tv shows I would like to watch (I wish I had time to watch "Gray's Anatomy" and "House," for example, which I have heard are both really good), it's just that it's hard for me to devote that much time and work into watching shows on a regular basis.
From what I've seen this season, though, I also like--
* "Gilmore Girls." I watched the first two or three seasons pretty religously and loved the characters and the witty writing on it, but have kinda lost track of the show over the last few seasons. But I've caught the first two episodes this year and I still really like it!
* "Heroes." We watched this show on Monday night and I REALLY liked it. It totally went with my love of superhero, action, sorta mysterious plotlines. Really very cool. I will keep tuning into it.
* "CSI." Gary and I like all things "CSI," and what's especially nice about it is that I don't feel like I have to see every show; I can actually pop in every now and then and still enjoy watching it, even if I've missed some episodes.
In addition to those new shoes, if all else fails I can--
* Watch "Seinfeld" reruns late at night. I have seen every episode of "Seinfeld" probably 10 times (and know pretty much all the lines) and they STILL make me laugh until stuff is spitting out of my nose! (Favorite episode, by the way? The episode in Florida with the pen, the awful bed, and a doped-up Elaine yelling, "Stella!!!")
* Watch episodes from my "Remington Steele" DVD. This was one of my favorite shows of all time! I love a good mystery, the writing was so clever, and (most importantly) it introduced me to the sexy, dapper Pierce Brosnan (who has a killer accent!)
* Watch late-night or DVD episodes of "Star Trek: Next Generation." Yep, I'm TOTALLY a Science Fiction geek! I love any and all of the Star Wars movies and TNG just makes me happy! (Also starring another dapper British guy with a killer accent!)
* Watching anything on the Travel Channel or Food Network. I love just about anything on these channels since, well .. . I love anything about travel or food! LOL (I especially love the Samantha Brown great hotel shows, anything with Rachael Ray, and anything that involves beaches!)
* Go back to the old standbys of "Disney Channel" and Sports (ANY football game and now baseball playoff games; and really any other sport, except maybe car races and soccer!)
For those of you out there who enjoy television, I'd love to know--
What are your favorite old shows?
What are your favorite new shows?
I hope all of you are having a great week! Now that I've had my "Lost" fix, mine's definitely a little bit better!!