Tuesday, October 03, 2006
(and a Really Cute Pirate!)
It's really quite hard for me to believe that October is here already! Do you feel the same way? (In fact, I tried to write a check yesterday for September 31, totally not realizing that it had actually transformed into October. Pretty bad, huh?)
October is actually one of my favorite months of the year. The weather is just right--I don't like really cold weather, but I'm also getting a bit tired of the near-100 degree weather from the last four months or so! You can feel the holidays coming on, and the days just have a nice, crisper, more comfortable feel to them!
So for our Random Tuesday post and questions today, I thought I would pose myself and all of you with some Autumnal musings. Share with us your . . .
(1) Best memory from this past summer (since the new season is finally upon us, although I keep thinking there might still be a way to get in a day at the pool!)-- That would have to be finally escaping to the beach (Tybee Island, Georgia) during the last week before school started again.
(2) Favorite thing/s about Fall-- I love SO much about this season, but some of my favorite would include football, cozy Fall food (chili, casseroles, cobblers, pies), Fall-scented candles, new shows on television, dressing up for Halloween, the changing leaves, the colors, and the coming of Advent.
(3) Favorite past Halloween costumes (either you or your kids?)-- I LOVE to dress up for Halloween (probably as much as my kids!), so there are A LOT of costumes to choose from. So, hmm . . . my favorite would probably be the year Gary and I dressed up like a Gangster and his Moll (followed closely behind by the year we both dressed up like old men and Gary's Gan Gan didn't even want to let Gary in the house for trick-or-treating because she didn't recognize him!), when McKenna dressed up as a bunny for her first Halloween, Delaney as a Cowgirl (for her fifth maybe?), and Sydney her first year as a bumblebee.
So, go ahead and send us at least ONE random answer this morning--or all three if you're in the mood! LOL
Now, since I was just talking about costumes I have GOT to share our shopping success from last night!
Sydney has been talking about dressing up for weeks now and she's mentioned a lot of different possible costumes. I had found the cutest, multi-colored witch costume that I wanted her to have, but she quickly grabbed hold of the Pirate idea! She did mention being a mermaid, or a kitty cat, or a princess in passing, but the Pirate is what has been the constant all this time!
Several days ago, we ventured out to start looking for a toddler's Pirate costume (I'd seen them online, so I knew they existed, but I wanted to find one locally if I could). At Walgreen's there was a boy's costume but no girl's, so Sydney for the last three days has been saying, "Gotta fine a gurl pirate." Went yesterday to Big Lots, another Walgreen's, and Fred's--to no avail!
Well, McKenna and I decided to take a trip to Target with Sydney last night. I knew that Target had A LOT of costumes, so even if we didn't find a girl Pirate I figured Sydney would become enamored by SOME costume there.
Well, we all just about squealed with excitement (wait . . . I think we DID squeal) when we found this costume. Sydney had to try it on as soon as she came home to show Delaney and Gary. She wore it for two hours last night and I finally had to pry it off of her and exchange it for pajamas. (She would have slept in it, I'm sure!)
(I also have a feeling that this pumpkin will become her purse for the next month! She's already wanting to stuff it full of stuff and carry it everywhere!)
Don't you just love the joy and excitement that kids show? They can teach us a few things, huh?
Now, don't forget . . . send me your:
* Favorite memory from this past summer
* Favorite thing/s about Fall
* Favorite costume (you or your kids)
Can't wait to learn more about all my buddies out there!
Have a Terrific Tuesday wherever you may be!!