(and some random musings too)
When I saw this tag on several blogs last week (I first saw it on Susie's space), I immediately saved it--knowing that it would be perfect for my Random Tuesday post this week. It is really a fun one!
The rules are this: Use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the following. They must be REAL places, names, things…nothing made up! If you can’t think of anything, skip it. Try to use different answers if your name also starts with C. And don't use your name for the boy/girl name question. (I also tried to come up with answers that actually had something to do with my life, although it didn' t work for all of them!)
As with all my Tuesday postings, I challenge you to do it too. Post your answers in my comment section or let us know if you're putting it on your blog. Have fun!
1. Famous athlete: Chipper Jones (makes me want Braves baseball to get here real soon!)
2. Four letter word: Crop (as in, I'm going to a scrapbook “crop”)
3. Street name:
4. Color: Canary yellow
5. Gift: Chocolate (Oh yeah, that always works! Especially if it’s Lindor chocolates of any kind!!)
6: Vehicle: Corvette (one of my good friends in college had a red one; boy, was that a pretty car!)
17. Tropical location:
8. College Major: Communications (that was mine—journalism in particular)
9. Dairy Product: Cheese! (feta is the current fave, but cream cheese also makes me happy!)
10. Things in a Souvenir Shop: Coins (the girls collect the pressed pennies whenever we go on vacation)
11. Boy Name: Christopher (my brother’s name, and would have been our son’s middle name if we’d had a boy)
12. Girl Name: Cathrynn (McKenna’s middle name)
13. Movie Title: "Can’t Buy Me Love" (remember that one? Patrick Dempsey before he ever thought about being McDreamy; he was kinda McGeeky; a cute movie!)
14. Alcohol: Cosmpolitan (love me some martinis!)
15. Occupation: College professor (my dad's one and I believe to this day that it has got to be one, if not the best, job in the world!)
16. Flower: Calla lilies (my VERY FAVORITE—calla lillies and roses were my wedding flowers)
17. Celebrity: Cusack, John (okay, I cheated and went with his last name. But he’s my very favorite celebrity guy in the whole world!)
18. Magazine: Creating Keepsakes (my favorite scrapbook magazine)
19. US City:
20. Sports team: Crimson Tide (what in the world else?)
21. Something found in a kitchen: Casserole dish
22. Reason for being late: Can’t find my car keys!
23. Something You Throw Away: Cat litter
24 Things You Shout: "Crikey!" (well, if I was Australian)
25. Cartoon Character: Curious George
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
* We sure were rooting for Miss Alabama to win the Miss America pageant last night but amazingly the only "Yankee" in the group won! Four of the Top 5 finalists were all from the South--Miss Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia. Oklahoma rounded out the five, and I guess that it's pretty close to the South (we're just kinda kidding about her being a Yankee.. well, kinda!). Southern gals are beauties, that's for sure!
* LOVED "Heroes" last night! What a stroke of genius casting George Takei ("Sulu" from Star Trek) as Hiro's dad (even though we only saw him for a few brief seconds); and my favorite line of the night (said by Invisible Boy to Peter) was, "I'm no people person, but I sure don't want you killing them all." And I SO want to have the kid's superpower--the ability to manipulate technology (i.e., get money freely from ATMs. LOL) The ending was awesome, and I'm so ready for next week already!
* I'm so hooked on reading blogs that are telling me about the CHA convention out in Anaheim. My scrapbook store is posting regular updates, my sweet friend Maria is out there having fun and posting too, and all of you scrapbookers will love this OVERVIEW of all the new products coming out this season. SO much fun to sit there and drool over all the new stuff--if only I had the money (i.e., the ability to get money freely from ATMs) to buy all of these supplies!
* It makes me very happy when contacts finally come through for me! I was so worried about getting quotes from sources for two articles I have due tomorrow. And then, lo and behold, they came through in the clutch and I can now get them written. Thank goodness! (I will be busy today trying to meet those deadlines!)
* Scout just continually cracks us up with the things she says. Monday night, she was standing up in our bed while we watched television and was basically talking non-stop (she is very skilled at that!!); Gary was trying to tell her, "Stop talking so much. We can't hear." Her answer? "But it just makes me happy." How do you answer that one?
And then last night, she started dancing around, wiggling her little behind, and singing: "Sydn-ee-ey's Hungry, na na na na na na . . . Sydney wants somepun to eat . . . That's my song." Again, how do you really answer that one? Well, you laugh at her, give her a hug, and go get her something to eat. What can I say? We're pushovers (or at least I am!)!
Now that you've experienced all my randomness for the day, ENJOY your day. (And do the fun little meme if you're so inclined!)