"Rzmatz" & TGIF & an Impossible Question
Tee hee . . . how about that for a title post?
Yesterday, I was commenting on someone's blog and it made me verify my comment with one of those "visual verification" thingies. Usually it's just a bunch of gobbly gook, but this one made me smile as I typed in the letters. They were RZMATZ. As I typed them in, I said "Razz-ma-tazz." I felt like I was typing in some magical code and it made me smile. That's what I need more in my life, I thought . . . more fun, more magic, more joy, more happy smiley moments, more "rzmatz." Don't you think we all need a little more of that?
And then . . . TGIF . . .Thank God it's Friday!! What plans do you have for the weekend? Anyone have an exciting, romantic, or otherwise cool way they're spending the weekend? Come share it with me--and the rest of us--so we can live vicariously through you and be just a little bit jealous.
Me? Well, I actually am excited because tonight I'm going to scrapbook at my lss all my MYSELF. Delaney has a spend the night birthday party at a friend's house and my niece, Lori, is coming to hang out with McKenna. And Gary's staying here to play with Sydney (they were already talking about it last night and she seemed excited to have some Pop-Time with him later on!) Then, the rest of the weekend will be doing a few errands and finishing up Delaney's room (it is looking SO cute!! I promise to post pictures after the weekend is over with!)
Last night, I had one of those evenings that was unexpectedly fun. Don't you love times like that? McKenna and Sydney and I went to watch a friend at a wrestling match at the high school, and my friend Allison happened to be there too. We watched the matches--and grimaced in pain everytime these guys twisted in some pretzel-like fashion and yelled cheers of encouragement. (And I was thinking the whole time that I should have attended wrestling matches when I was a teenager--cute guys in tights in some really "interesting" positions. Ha!) Anyway . . . I digress... After the matches were over, we decided to go hang out at Dairy Queen. I ordered something called a Brownie Avalanche (Holy Cow! ice cream, brownies, marshmallow cream, cool whip, hot fudge . . . my hips and butt are currently complaining to me about it!!) We then regaled the three girls with us with car stories from our teen years (this came from a discussion that McKenna will be getting her driver's permit in just two months--yikes!). I was laughing so hard as I told them about my friend who had the big station wagon and how we'd play Chinese Fire Drill with it on a busy highway through town (have you ever tried that with a station wagon? it takes a while toget around it! lol). And the friend who owned the cutest little Fiat, but it only had first and fourth gears. That was an experience!! Or the friend who had the old Vega without a front seat. We'd just throw our textbooks and purses in the empty space and pile into the back seat. I love sitting with friends and remembering things . . . and laughing so hard because the memories just make me happy.
(We also told a few jail stories--never been in one, but had a few funny ones related to jail--that I will have to tell sometime. LOL! How about that for a tease?)
Boy, how do I get to typing and I have soon digressed far from the planned topic? (Those few of you who actually know me in real life know that I'm that way too for "real"--I can go off on some tangents! ha!)
Anyway . . . I hope all of you have a FANTASTIC weekend and that you get to have some FUN! I'm excited because it's a three day weekend. Monday is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, so that will be cool (thinking of maybe going to the Civil Rights Museum or some related site on Monday to celebrate; we'll see about that!).
Oh, also, I've read a few good articles and discovered a few blogs. I thought I'd share:
* A really fun recap of the bowls this year (categories like "You thought you'd kick butt, but you didn't" with Oklahoma as the winner). If you like sports in general, you'll like this guy's columns as Sporting News. Go HERE for that one.
* Okay, if you haven't got hooked on "Heroes" yet, why haven't you??!! This is the coolest show on tv (although "Lost" is right there up with it in my book!) and it comes back on Monday, Jan. 22 and I CAN'T wait. But if you haven't watched it, you need to get caught up. You can go to the NBC site HERE and get recaps of every single episode, even watch the episodes free. (Heck, NBC should hire me for PR!)
* Don't know what to write about? either for your creative writing, or for your blog? This is a really cool SITE that gives a ton of writing prompts to get you started. Very cool!
* I don't know if any of you caught my sorta random, oblique reference to French Vanilla Cool Whip on my blog the other day but, Whoa Nelly, this stuff is SO GOOD! I made me these yummy little pudding parfaits with them the other day and yesterday I actually used my finger and wiped the plastic tub clean! I'm SO cooking the recipe HERE this weekend. (And the whole site is fun; who doesn't love a little Cool Whip?)
* A few blogs I really like-- Elsie Flannigan's (all of you scrappers know her; she's just very cool!); Cream Puff in Venice is one of my fave food blogs (worth it just to drool over the pictures); Something So Clever is just a really fun blog with cool food and fashion and funky stuff (really like her writing style); I could go on and on, but I think I will stop with a shout-out to a new commenter onto my blog just this week. I really have enjoyed going to Stephanie's blog and appreciate her coming by mine!! (It's dangerous linking to any of you, though, because now I want to link to ALL of you. I just LOVE going to read your blogs and are full of great info and life!)
Now . . . how about an Impossible Question for this Friday? I was doing this pretty regularly for awhile, but got away from it. So, I'm bringing it back today. The question is . ..
* 47% of Americans say they have talked to this object before.
If you think you know the answer, leave it in my comment box. When I get a correct answer, I'll come back in and let everyone know it. Good luck!!!!
EDITED FRI afternoon-- Woo Hoo!! Congrats goes to Angel, who got the correct answer. It was an ATM machine. So cmon, everyone, fess up. How many of you have talked to an ATM machine before? especiallywhen it won't give me money!! Thanks for all the great guesses. It was harder than I thought!! Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!
And, hey, you there...
Have a Razz-Ma-Tazz day!!!!