I Feel . . .
We are all multi-dimensional. We are never just one feeling. We always have many emotions running through our minds and hearts--happy, sad, content, uneasy. But even in the midst of different emotions, we can always be sure that we are loved. There is ALWAYS joy in our journey!
Right now--this Tuesday morning-I am feeling different things.
(1) I Feel Excited. I absolutely adore celebrations and we have TWO big ones at the end of the week. McKenna will be 15 and Sydney will be 3. There will be parties, cake, games, family, fun, laughter, traditions, and more cake! So much to look forward to!
(2) I Feel Reflective. With the two celebrations come realization that I am getting older by the minute--and that my girls are growing up too! McKenna will be getting her driver's permit on Friday, which just really puts it into perspective. How did she get to this age so quickly? Wasn't she just learning her ABCs? Wasn't she just sitting in my lap, cuddling, asking me to read her another book?
(3) I Feel Impatient. I have been waiting for a good-sized check to come in the mail for the last week and I have become impatient about it. It would help immensely with several BIG things we have to pay by Monday. I'm just praying that it will get here today, or tomorrow, or at least very soon. (Patience is NOT one of my virtues!)
(4) I Feel Proud. I made a decision a few days ago based solely on principle. It was something that I felt totally convicted about from God, simply knowing that I had to make a decision that was just "right." I wasn't sure, though, how everyone in my family would feel about it; I was afraid that they might whine a little bit about it. But boy was I proud when the girls said, "We would have done the same thing, Mom" and "That's just wrong and you are so right!" I am so proud of my girls for knowing right and wrong and knowing that there are times that principle is more important than comfort!
(5) I Feel Loved. Always, always loved!
How do you FEEL this morning? (Yep, it's a Random Tuesday. You knew you couldn't get away that easy!) What emotions are you feeling this morning?