Scout-Isms and Weekend Plans . . .
Overheard in our house during the past week . . .
(All said by Scout, if you can't figure that out as soon as you read the first one! LOL)
* "Momma, I neeeeeeed a haircut. Because it is WILD!! (as she swings her hips and shakes her head)"
* "Everybody, everybody...I've got GREAT news!"
* "Oh no, I've got BAD news!"
(both of the two above are said with much dramatic flair; and you just BETTER be ready for whatever's coming next)
* "Knock, knock." (Who's there?) "Meatball." (Meatball who?) "Knock, knock." (Who's there?) "Meatball." (Meatball who?) Repeat this back-and-forth at least three more times. "Knock, knock." (Who's there?) "Orange." (Orange who?) "Orange glad I didn't say meatball."
(She currently loves to tell jokes and make up long, convuluted stories that include such far-flung characters as birds, monsters, penguins, and random people we may have met once in our life! It is just priceless!)
As my Mom told me just yesterday, "I think Sydney's going to be your most histrionic of the girls." I love that word and it describes her to a tee--she is so very dramatic! I see lots of elaborate storytelling and high school drama productions in her future!
Let's just say that life is NEVER boring around our house!
And some plans for the weekend...
We are heading down to Florida tomorrow morning (EARLY, like at 5:30 am) to make it to a Family Reunion at 11. (We can't leave tonight because Delaney has a game.) We will spend the night down there tomorrow, which wll be a nice break and hopefully get some energy back. The reunion is for Gary's maternal grandmother's family. Gan Gan is SO excited about it, because she planned it and didn't really know what kind of response she'd get. Well, she's got 96 people confirmed to come!!! WOW, that's a lot of people--a lot of people that we had no idea were related to us! (It will totally rock Delaney's world to realize she has so many distant cousins!! I can already imagine her saying, "All of these people are related to me?" She's amazed by things like that! LOL) I talked to Gan Gan on Wednesday and she said, "Cheryl, you just don't how happy it makes me."
To get ready for the reunion and then other stuff going on in our lives, I've got to find time to do a few more things either today or Sunday (or both):
* Make a few big dishes to take down to the reunion. Gan Gan bought some food from The Pig (as we call Piggly Wiggly down South! lol), but I think we need more (even though she told me not to make anything). So I think I'm gonna make an army-sized tub of scalloped potatoes and maybe fruit salad late tonight.
* Scan pictures for a special scrapbook I'm making for MY grandmother. Grandma is turning 80 on Monday and I've got a scrapbook laid out for her; I just have to scan some of the old pictures from the 60s and 70s that I got from Mom the other day. I'll probably spend a lot of Sunday working on that!
* We've got TWO big birthdays coming up next weekend (McKenna turns 15 and Scout turns 2!), and I haven't done invitations yet for either one of them! Aargh! So, Sunday afternoon I will probably be working on those. (Scout is having a Princess Party at the park and I'm going to try and make royal "scrolls" for the invitations; McKenna wants to invite five or six of her best friends to either go bowling or laser tagging and I will have to make some invitations for that as well!) You will probably get tired of hearing me talk about invitations, and cakes, and goody bags next week! lol
* Finish up some marketing and clerical work I need to get done for my parents' publishing company (I work part-time for them, doing things like editing manuscripts and sending out late bill notices).
* Wash clothes for this weekend! (A never-ending cycle!!!)
* Watch some basketball tonight, if I can fit it in. (I hope I can, especially if it's anything like last night's exciting games).
* Catch up on some blog-reading. I apologize before-hand if I don't get around to yours; my life is just busy right now and really I'd rather sit her and surf blogs ALL DAY LONG, but I can't always do that (You know--they need to come up with a Blog Reading career. I could SO do that!)
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Get out there and do something just for fun. Enjoy yourself!!! Make some memories!!!!!