Sunday, August 05, 2007

One More Quick Softball Update...

I apologize ahead of time to all of you non-sports enthusiasts. BUT...this is what we are, so bear with me! lol

I didn't get online last night to update because we were so, well, pooped and all tuckered out (as we'd say here down South!), but thought I'd pop on here real quick before I head to bed (yes, it's almost 1 in the morning, but it's been a very LONG day!)

If you'll recall, we had lost one game in elimination play on Thursday and were all set to play our way through as far as we could go on Friday. If we lost once, we were out!

Our first game was Friday morning at nine. A very close battle (as all our games seem to be!) and we ended up winning 4-2 (over the Stampede from south Texas).

After a three hour layover at the mall (yes, these are still preteen girls!), we played a game at 3. We were ready to play this team since they were the team that gave us our first loss on Wednesday (we lost to them by just one point). We wanted some revenge, but also knew it would be tough! And, boy was it!!! Our game--which usually last an hour and forty mintes--went on for two and a half hours!!!!! We went ahead, they caught back up, we went back ahead again, they tied it up again, we played two extra innings...but we finally won 9-6!!!! Woo hoo!! (And Delaney made the last out of the game, which was very exciting!!)

So then....we had to play another game at 6 against a very good team from Mobile, Alabama. We really felt like we could beat them, but I think the sheer stress and exhaustion (and heat!) from the game before it just wore out us! We didn't have the energy we usually have, our pitchers were exhausted, and we lost 10-3.

We were excited, though, to battle back and make it so far. We were just one win away from being in the Final Four on Saturday. But still... we came in fifth place (we even got a trophy!) in a tournament with more than 20 teams. So I think we did great!!

AND... Delaney made it into the local newspaper's sports section! (That's another story for after the weekend is over...and I promise I will share it with you all!)

(Plus, we are anticipating a Sunday full of excitement! AND, I got some super photos over the weekend! So, I will look forward to posting for all of you on Monday!)

Until then...I gotta head to bed!!!

Talk to ya soon!

8 comments:

Kingcover said...

It's interesting that different parts of the world have different meanings for the same words. "Tuckered out" with you means being tired and in Australia "tucker" means food as in Bush Tucker. And over here "whacked out" means tired and it also means a completely different thing in ya know ........ lol :-)

I guess you are have some excitement at the moment and I can't wait for a new set of lovely pics!

Kingcover said...

Dang it! "Having some excitement ..." - that how whacked out I am!

Hopefully Shan wont pick up on that *keeping my fingers crossed*

Kingcover said...

!!!! "that's how ..."
I'm going back to bed!

Loreluca said...

WOWSERS!!! One game at 3 and one at 6, and the first game lasted 2.5 hours???? I'm surprisedyou guys even showed up for the second game! I would just have gone for a nice shower and to bed for a couple of WEEKS!
Congrats on your 5th place, I think it's very commendable!!!

Phats said...

Hope you got enough sleep!!

Sounds exciting, Congrats on Delany making the papers!

Dawn Bibbs said...

Wow, sounds like you guys did awesome. My mom lives in Mobile. I'm so glad Delaney and her team did well. I'm sure it is very tiring playing all those games back to back in the same day. Reminds me of soccer tournaments. I bet, had ya'll played that team the next day...you would've won!

Looking forward to the pictures! Thanks for sharin.

AngelConradie said...

way to go delaney!

Adriann said...

AND... Delaney made it into the local newspaper's sports section! (That's another story for after the weekend is over...and I promise I will share it with you all!

Go Delaney!!!! I know you must be pround mom...

Cheryl, I don't know how you do it. William just started football and they expect him to practice everyday! He really wants to do this so I will support him as best I can.

Any tips?