Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Hey Ya'll. My name is Lucky Truffles and I'm, like, SO crushin' on John Cusack."

I'm here for a Random Tuesday two-fer, since I had two different fun items that I just had to do for my post today. And, yes, they have to do with "Lucky Truffles" and John Cusack. LOL

First off...Linda tagged me last week and I'm just now getting around to it. Sorry it took so long. Linda, but it was perfect for RT today!

I actually think I did a meme sorta like this a month or so back, but this one has a few little wrinkles to it. It's where Miss Lucky Truffles has made an appearance in my life...and I'd like to see who your "alias" is as well.

(And I think you all know how it goes. If you want to participate in this fun little meme, just post your answers in my comments section or let us know if you're gonna put it on your blog.)

Discover Your Alias Names...

1. Your Rock Star name (made up of your first pet and your current car):

Solo Oldsmobile (Oh yeah..Rock on!!)

2. Your Gansta name (favorite ice cream flavor, favorite cookie):

Praline Milano (I don't know about that, but it's making me awful hungry for a snack!)

3. Your Soap Opera name (middle name, city where you were born):

Annette Greenville (that actually DOES sound like someone who would sleep with their new boyfriend only to discover he was her half brother, except for she has amnesia and doesn't realize it!)

4. Superhero name ("The," favorite color, favorite drink):

The Yellow Martini (actually, The Yellow Diet Dr. Pepper or The Yellow Sweet Tea didn't really sound too good, so I went with martini instead. I do love martinis, but I promise I don't drink them like I drink DDPs or sweet tea. Don't worry! lol)

5. Nascar name (the first names of your grandfathers):

Bobby Guy (okay now, that is PERFECT. I seriously sound like I could head to the racing circuit right now!)

6. Stripper name (name of your favorite perfume/cologne, favorite candy)

You got it..this is where she appears! Lucky Truffles (someone give me a pole!)

Thanks, Linda, that was so FUN!!! Join in the fun and share your answers too!

~~~~

And, now, I told you there was a Second part of my Random Tuesday.

Over at this really fun, new scrapbook challenge blog I recently found (you KNOW I will find anything online that has to do with scrapbooking!!), they were challenging gals to create scrapbook pages about their CRUSHES. The blog--Category Stories, in case you want to try it--attracted all sorts of pages about different guys that the scrappers were crushin' on (McDreamy, George Clooney, etc.)

Well...I had every intention to do a layout on my favorite crush...but I just ran out of time. But that doesn't mean I can't gush about him right here!! Of course, all of you who've visited me here just a few times know that I totally LOVE John Cusack. He's my very favorite celebrity, because he's not what you'd call "traditionally" good-looking. He's kinda quirky, but boy is he sexy! I also love the characters he plays; they're always clever and quirky too. Mmmm....

So, if I had actually put together a scrapbook page for that challenge it would have had these pictures on it...





Okay now, excuse me while I wipe the drool from my face. It's currently dripping down my chin in fact! He's just so darned cute...and he can come play "In Your Eyes" outside my bedroom window any ole day he wants to!

And, by the way... making Honorable Mention on my Crushin' list? Matthew McConaughey (holy crap, does he not make Texas proud?), Harrison Ford (seriously loved him as Han Solo and Indiana and he still does it for me!), Ewen McGregor (I have thing for Star Wars boys!), Jude Law (I know, he sounds like such a cad in real life. But I'm never gonna meet him huh? So just let me try and contain myself as he whispers sweet nothings in that Brit voice), Pierce Brosnan (yep, he's a pretty boy, but I challenge you to watch "The Thomas Crowne Affair" and not need a cold shower!), and Dennis Quaid (ditto for "The Big Easy".) And when I'm done with those guys on the Big Screen, I'll drool over my favorite tv boys--Sayid from "Lost" and Suresh from "Heroes" (I kinda have an ethnic thing going on there!). And, yeah, when I'm done watching movies and television I think I'll see if Keith Urban wants to come over and sing for me!

So...if you'd like to do this second option for Random Tuesday, share who you're crushin' on. No real life crushes allowed! Gotta be someone compeltely unattainable! We all need our dreams!!


24 comments:

Linda said...

Keith Urban, hmm, yep. Does it for me too, and my list has got to include THE ROCK (I love big beefy boys) and Mark Wahlburg. Yummmmmmmmmmm....ok, now I'M seriously drooling, and first thing in the morning too.
But really, C, We do have a standing chance with these guys I mean come on Lucky Truffles and Pleasures Bordeaux. HA BOYS, come and get it.

Where's that cold shower at anyway?????

Anonymous said...

Wisteria Licorice here, LOL!! I love John Cusak, too and have for a very long time. I totally think he is not in enough movies! My other big, no huge, crush is Andy Garcia. Have a great day!

Lynilu said...

That name thing is hilarious! Might give it a try. Happy Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

This is so funny! And I am absolutely with you about Matthew M. That man wears a bare torso like no one I know.

Anonymous said...

Just dropped in to say thanks for the BUTT pics of the bama boys. I got it off of Gary's site and put it on my computer. So when people walk in, BAM they knows its BAMA's office. I still support OU for the moment, just can't do the OSU thing, they remind me to much of Auburn, can you understand the feeling?

Dawn Bibbs said...

Cheryl, you are too much.

I may have to check out that scrapbooking site you mentioned. But not until after I share what my new "names" are :-).
(Like you, I've done one similar to this before...these are different and just as cute)
Here goes:
1. Rock Star name - Jett Quest or Jett Maxima...whichever sounds more rock starish :-)
2. Gangsta name - Chocolate Almond Chip (figured I'd abbreviate the cookie name, since chocolate was already used) But I like the name I wound up with.
3. Soap Opera name - Monique Queens (hey, that sound soap operaish, doesn't it?)
4. Superhero name - Purple Pepper (ok, like you, I LOVE me some Dr.Pepper. But in this case, the Dr. isn't needed...lol)
5. Nascar name - Hulius Cliff (YES, my grandfather's name was Hulius. I never met him, but that's what my dad...JULIUS told me, hee hee)
6. Stripper name - Chance Snickers...What the....???

Thanks for the fun, Cheryl.

Paula said...

Hi there Cheryl...thanks for visiting and dropping a note on my blog! Everyday now I've been struggling with "putting myself out there" personally. I usually think no one is benefitting from this or even care or identify with me but I do it anyway and by seeing that you did identify, it does me (and others) some good. So thanks for identifying with me and letting me know:) I'm gonna keep an eye on your blog too...(thought I was the only one who had a crush on John Cusack via "Say Anything" LOL) so thanks! Paula

Unknown said...

OMG! Cheryl,

You and I have been on the same wavelength all day. We posted on each others blog around the same time this morning and now we both have something up about the Who's Your Crush Challenge (both of us being late too!).

I didn't realize you had posted this until I just popped back over here!

OK OK! My crush of course, is Orlando Bloom. And you can see the layout I did on my blog!

I am also with Linda on THE ROCK! YUMMY!

Stephanie said...

Hi, thanks for your sweet comments!!and visiting my blog.:))

Love your blog header.:))

Adrienne said...

Only one....

LL COOL J...did you EVEN have to ask!?!? lol

Deborah Fantasia said...

My crush is Nicolas Cage, I just LOVE his eyes (his body isn't bad either, LOL:)
I'm a sucker for Italian men, that's probably why I married one !
By the way, I just found this blog, I was always going to your scrapbooking one.
Deborah

Jeff said...

Howdy. Happy Tuesday.

Here's my names...
1. Your Rock Star name: Taco
(I don't have a car, so no last name... this name really distresses me since Taco was the name of an 80s signer that read made "Puttin on the Ritz")

2. Your Gansta name: Mintchip Nutter Butter (this doesn't seem Gansta at all)

3. Your Soap Opera name: Alan Flint (ok, that works good)

4. Superhero name: the purple mocha

6. Stripper name: Obsession Truffles (yummm... the truffles!)

As for who I'm crushin' on these days: Jared Padalecki, currently on "Supernatural" and formerly of "Gilmore Girls."

Cheryl Wray said...

Oh boy...I haven't had a chance yet to respond to your great comments yet! But here I am now!!!

Linda--I agree with you! Certainly Pleasures and Lucky can find some good guys! And oh yeah, I like Mark Wahlberg too. What a cutie!! mmm...

Heather--Wisteria Licorice! I love it!!! Andy G is a cutie too!!

Lynilu--Happy Tuesday to you!

Gin--Mmmm...Matthew M!! Yes, he does the bare torso thing VERY well!

Cindy--LOL!!! I love it!!

Cheryl Wray said...

Dawn--Chance Snickers!!! I LOVE it!!!!

Paula--I so enjoyed reading your blog! It's just nice to know sometimes that others appreciate what you're going through!! I LOVE John Cusack; join the club with me!!!!

Kathy--That is TOO FUNNY!!! I can't believe we were thinking pretty much the same thing today. Great minds think alike, I guess! And oh boy. Orlando B is a hottie too!!!

Stephanie--Thanks! Glad you stopped by!

Adrienne--I knew what your crush would be!! lol

Deborah--I love Nicholas Cage too! My allt ime fave movie of his is Moonstruck (well, and also Raising Arizona)!!! Glad you found me here!

Jeff--Obsession Truffles!! I love it!!! lol Gotta go check out the Jared guy. I'm trusting your taste!! :-)

Mandy said...

I'm actually doing this on Tuesday for once!

1. Rock Star name: Gizzy Camry
2. Gansta name: Everything But The Chocolate Chip
3. Soap Opera name: Keesha Tuscaloosa
4. Superhero name: The Pink Pepper
5. Nascar name: Buddy Bob
6. Stripper name: Pure White Linen Taffy

I've got a wide variety in the crush department...a few "faves" are Chris O'Donnell, Brad Pitt, Jake Owen, Josh Lucas...

Also thought you might like to relive Saturday night...Man BDS was rockin'...heck, I think almost all of Alabama was rockin'!

lialuvsblythes said...

Hi Cheryl!

Ditto for these:
- Matthew McConaughey (so Y U M M Y *swoons*)
- Harrison Ford (yep, still does it for me too!)
- Pierce Brosnan (those eyes! That voice! *sigh*)

TK Angels said...

Now-I don't dream of John Cusak-Lord I could be his mother? Anyway-I do enjoy him in the movies.

I have a crush on Ty Pennington :)

Take carem
Love,
Terri

Katrin said...

Thanks for passing by on my blog!

Oh... my crushes change with every film I see. But, of course Matthew McConaughey is the hottest guy alive. I usually fall the for the bad guys, so in Gilmore Girls I was so much more into Milo Ventimiglia, than that other one. :)

Edleen said...

Keanu Reeves, til death do us part!!! hehehe... *i know, i'm weird!* he's Gorgeous!!!

oh and Cheryl, come on over to Asia if you wanna see more of the ethnic thing *wink* althoug i have seen plenty too in New York! :D

Susie Q said...

Have so enjoyed catching up with ya...LOVE your names meme. Yellow Martini is a way cool name.

Lucky Truffles?? LOL LOVE it.

John Cusak is a hunk. Totally. I love his voice and the way he moves too...nice guy in real life as well.
Still, he would be my boy toy..: )
I always go for older...you know how I feel about BD..and I adore Gary Sinise even if we are the same age. Still love Sean Connery and Harrison Ford...I am seriously crazy about Han and Indy.

Love to you all,
Sue

Anonymous said...

I love Lloyd Dobler too! I recently introduced my 14yo daughter to him too. I figured she needed a quick lesson in the "right" kind of guys she should be watching out for in the next few years! LOL

Laura S. said...

Oh I love John Cusack!!! Yummy!!

laura

Jacquie said...

You always have such fun stuff, I did the meme on my blog. I would link you to give you credit but have never figured that trick out. Come by and see my alias' including "The Blue Margarita"

BTW I love me some Keith Urban, I am going to his concert tomorrow night! Wooooohoooo.

My favorite movie star is Brendan Fraser, he is awesome. Hasn't done much lately but I have all his movies none the less. I also like Tim Robbins. I too like Matthew M, this will sound really bad but I love how he says "bullsh*t". He seems to say it in alot of his movies and I tell ya a curse word never sounded so yummy as the way it rolls of that mans lips (sad I know LOL)

Now t.v guys I love Julian McMahon, I guess I have a thing for hot Austrailian accents ;-) I also like T.R. Knight, he is a cutie.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Aaaaaaahhhhhh. John Cusack. I LOVED him in Grosse Pointe Blank. I could watch that movie over and over and over and never get tired of it.