I am posting this from my Dad's computer, since MINE has decided to continue being very cantankerous. It likes to taunt me with its non-activity. (In fact, I imagine that it is sticking its tongue out at me every time I try and turn it on. It's sticking its little cyber tongue out at me and jeering, "Yep, I'm totally ignoring you. I want to continue to drive you crazy by keeping you from blogging or checking your email. I want you to just try and live without a computer. Nanny, nanny boo boo!")
We are visiting my parents while my awesome Grandma, and aunt and uncle, are in town from Texas for a holiday stay. The girls and I spent most of the day shopping, then we came out here to watch football, eat good food, open up another round of gifts, and just generally enjoy some time with everyone. It's been a good day! (In fact, it's been a good several days since Christmas...even if it has been a computer-free one!)
So, on this Friday evening, I've just got a few random thoughts running through my head. I am very excited about several things...
* I received five books as Christmas gifts and am currently on my second one. I absolutely LOVE having time to read!
* Fifteen- and eleven-year-olds can out-shop me any day of the week (and I, actually, really enjoy shopping!). Three-year-olds, on the other hand, get kinda cranky after looking at jewelry and trendy outfits for three hours in a row. But...I did get a few great finds today (AND enjoyed a frappucino from Starbucks!)
* We are going to an Alabama basketball game tomorrow and you all know how much I love sports that are live-and-in-person. And doubly fun is the fact that the girls and I are going, along with my Dad, my brother, my two nephews, and my aunt and uncle. And then on Sunday, I will be watching Alabama finish off its football season with its bowl game. I'm hoping we can pull off a win at both games and am very excited about them both! I will be yelling "ROLL TIDE" as often as possible over the weekend!
* I CAN'T wait for my New Year's Eve date. Gary and I are going to the Tran Siberian Orchestra concert that night, along with a nice dinner out. The girls all have plans and today I bought the cutest, jaunty, red satin shirt for the evening. I am quite excited about it all!
I am, though, a little bit distressed about a few things...
* The aforementioned computer non-activity has made me very upset. I have had several important things to email and that hasn't gotten done...I have had no chance to visit any of your blogs (although I'm going to try and visit several here in just a minute! yay!)...I haven't been able to partake in any of my daily internet reads (sports, entertainment, scrapping, etc.)...all-in-all, I just wonder how in the world I have ever survived without a computer!
* I have eaten WAY too many cookies, candies, and assorted sweet treats. I have probably gained five pounds since last week, which means I may have to go on an exercise junket very soon. Which, of course, will end in disaster when I decide (yet again!) that I really don't enjoy walking a mile and doing 100 sit-ups each day. Yuck!
So... that's just a little glimpse into my life on this late Friday night. What are all you guys up to? Were you treated well at Christmastime? Do you have New Year's plans? Catch me up on everything!!!
And OH YEAH....I was totally going to give away a RAK by drawing a name on Christmas Day but then...well....all this junk with my computer has set me back. How about we do this? Keep on commenting and I will draw a name on New Year's Day instead. Hopefully by then, everything will be happy again in Computer Land. So...see ya then!!