"How to Build a Pretty Perfect Easter in 10 Easy Steps"
(with photo evidence to back most of it up!)
1. Start the day off with a wonderful sunrise service. (No pictures here... just imagine us all looking very sleepy, but with smiles of satisfaction on our faces. Lots of reminders of God's grace!)
2. Enjoy some yummy (and pretty!) baskets from the Easter Mom & Pop.
(My basket from Gary was especially wonderful. I got my faves--Peeps, Cadbury creme-filled eggs, and Cadbury mini eggs. But the pleasant surprise was the dark chocolate Ferrero Rochers. Yumm...)
3. Eat WAY TOO much of the above-pictured candy!
4. Take the traditional Easter Morning picture of the girls and I. (We have taken these since Delaney was about three-years-old and they are some of my very favorite pictures in my collection!)
(and throw in one of me and the hubs)
5. Watch your youngest child sing in front of the church. (Yes, Sydney sang AGAIN in front of the church. While the older kids stood there very still, Sydney was on the front row making quite a spectacle of herself. Her sequin purse was swinging from her arms, she was dancing to the music, and she popped jelly beans in her mouth every couple of seconds. I heard several rumblings in the audience, "Who is that cute little diva?" Now I WISH I had pics of that!)
6. Take a nap. (Sydney was pooped and had to take a nap once we were at my parents' house for Easter lunch. Being a Church Diva takes a lot out of you!)
7. Eat WAY too much food!!! We had two--count them TWO--big meals on Easter. We had a delicious steak lunch at my parents' house, then had a traditional Easter dinner (ham, green bean casserole, etc.!) at my in-laws. Wonderful all around!! (But boy we were stuffed when the day was done!)
8. Hold an Egg Hunt!
First, you have to find the perfect place to hide the eggs (we had our hunt at my parents' house and Mom's garden isn't in bloom yet, but we still found some sneaky hiding places)...
Then you wander around, wondering where you hid them all...
And you enjoy the hunt, and the excitement...
9. Take some special Easter photos (to arrive soon in your scrapbook!).
We got this one of the girls and their cousins, Matthew and Garrett at my parents' house. (I love this picture!)
And then we had to get our traditional family pose! We almost waited too late, but finally sat down on Gary's parents porch to try and get the perfect shot.
First we had to wipe the chocolate from our face....
Then we had to stick out our tongue...
But it was worth it, when we got a really nice shot of all of us...
10. Throw in some cupcakes, for good measure. (We celebrated McKenna and Sydney's birthdays a week early with presents and cupcakes and some special wishes!)
As you can probably guess, Easter was GOOD (it's always one of my very favorite days of the entire year!). I hope yours was fantastic too!!
And now, while I have you here, do you mind if I share a few pictures from Sydney's early birthday party this past weekend? (Yep, we're crazy! We did a bday party and Easter in the same weekend! But who was I to refuse when my quite cute and convincing almost-four- year-old said she wanted to have a party at that place "where a Kid Can be a Kid"?)
It was a great time with friends, and Sydney had a blast! Since she isn't actually four until this next weekend, we will keep partying (we kinda like to party in our household. Any reason for a celebration! lol)
Thanks for sticking with me through ALL those pictures! As always, I'm honored that you are interested in our lives and that you continue to join me here in my corner of the blogosphere!