You will not believe this, but...
it's Friday night and I don't have a softball tournament to go to. Or a birthday party. Or any big activity planned whatsoever.
It really feels sorta weird. Delaney is spending the night with a friend, McKenna is just hanging out here at the house with her cousin, and the rest of us are just kinda not doing much of anything. Which is totally bizarre in my world. I'm used to running from here to there, and then back to here.
Now, that's not to say that I don't have plenty to keep myself occupied. I need to...
* work on my sessions for the Alabama Writers Conclave, a writers conference I'll be speaking at next weekend.
* do some editing work I have due.
* spend some time preparing for Vacation Bible School (tomorrow I'll probably go up to church to do some deocrating).
* finish some projects I'm working on for Delaney's softball team (I'm making a mix CD of their favorite songs to have as a giveaway for another team at the World Series).
* get clothes washed, things organized, and start packing for the World Series trip (Gary and all the kiddoes--along with two of their friends--are heading out next Saturday, but I will be at the aforementioned writers conference and will be joining them later, so I really need to get everything done beforehand).
* make it to the dentist next week, and also to Delaney's registration, and McKenna's eye exam, and also find a way to get Delaney back-and-forth to practice each day while I still make it to VBS (where I am teaching a class!).
That's, of course, what I need to do. I also really want to...
* find some time to scrap (but I know that will not happen until after we get back from Maryland).
* finish my mystery novel I'm reading just for fun.
* write some cool posts for next week (I want to do a whole "Countdown to Vacation" week and I have some fun ideas for it...just hope I'll have time to do it!).
* go out on a date with Gary. (I'm hoping we can do that tonight or tomorrow).
So, really, in all reality, life is still Busy. But nothing is set in stone, and I'm not driving all over town to do it. So, in my life, that actually constitutes a really lazy weekend. (I think my understanding of lazy might be a little bit out of whack!)
What, then, do you all have planned for the weekend and the coming week? I know there must be some exciting stuff going on!