Random Tuesday "Sharing the Love" and a Fun Tag!!!
A big "Thanks" goes out to Kammie, who provided me with an idea for my Random Tuesday post today.
(Good for Kammie, because the only thing I had planned for a post today was telling the story of how Sydney came home from her first Christmas musical practice at church and told me she thought she was going to play God in the play. And then how the music director came and told me that she was telling all the kids to go home and tell their parents how we had to start arriving at 5:3o every Sunday for practice, and Sydney told her: "I'm not sure I can get here at 5:30. That's when my Mom has me clean the house."
That kid truly cracks me up! If ONLY I did have a four-year-old who could clean the house for me. Wouldn't that be nice? LOL And our music director was quite impressed with the idea of a girl playing God. Am I raising a strong female or what?
And lookie there...I told the story anyway for all of you to enjoy... AND I can also do my Random Tuesday post.)
Okay, so first off, Kammie gave me this sweet award...
and told me I had to pass it along to five other bloggers (see Below!).
She also challenged me to answer the following tag questions. And, you all know that I'm always game for some fun stuff like this.
Ten years ago I was:
Let's see...1998...Gary and I had been married for three years, Delaney was two and McKenna was six and Sydney wasn't even a thought in our minds. We were not quite as busy, with only one child in school. And oh... I was much thinner!
Five things on today's To Do List:
1. Do laundry (why is this ALWAYS on my daily list?)
2. Reward myself by watching the latest "Monk" episode that I DVRed and haven't watched yet!
3. Work on an editing assignment
4. Go to Delaney's Open House
5. Try and also make it to Sydney's softball practice
A snack I enjoy:
Did you say "snack" in the singular sense? How about snackS? (Some of my faves are: ding dongs, Krispy Kreme "hot nows," homemade rice krispy treats, chips and Rotel dip...and the list goes on and on!)
But right now, I seem to be totally addicted to this stuff...
Seriously, every time I go to the grocery store I find my buggy wheeling toward the aisle with this chocolate turtle snack mix, as if it has a mind of its own. It is seriously yummy, and my current fave to eat while I scrapbook (or read, or watch tv, or wash clothes, or talk on the phone, or whatever!).
Put it together with this...
and I am set for at least an hour!
Things I would do if I were a millionaire:
* Travel A LOT (I so want to see Italy, Paris, Ireland, Scotland, Australia, Greece...and the list goes on and on and on!)
* Go to see every major sporting event at least once (put me in the stands at the college football national championship game, the Final Four, Super Bowl, Wimbledon, World Series, the Masters, the Olympics!)
* Get all my girls through college (and also help out a few teenagers I know who could use the financial help)
* Do something with books and underprivileged kids (maybe set up a library in a rural area)
* Give more money to my church
* Buy a really cool convertible!
Places I have lived:
* Hueytown, Alabama
* Tuscaloosa, Alabama
* Commerce, Texas
* Austin, Texas
* Fayetteville, North Carolina
* Fayetteville, Arkansas
(Interesting fact, huh? I've lived in two different cities with the same names!)
The five people I am tagging:
I feel like I've tagged most everyone, but maybe I haven't caught these girls yet.
4. Laura (I just discovered her...she's another Bama fan! yay!)
5. But you know that YOU...yes EVERYone of you...has to participate in this! (So either, post your answers in my comment or make this your blog post for today and then comment and tell us all how to visit you!)