Thursday, December 11, 2008

I've been creating...

a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting for McKenna's boyfriend's birthday...

(Believe you me. It was very, very, VERY good.)

And some fun new things for my Etsy shop.

Like this funky Christmas album, which I made from corrugated cardboard. It's painted and embellished with old church songbook paper, fun Christmas patterned paper, and tied off with a fun green lace ribbon. I may have to make one for myself (I think it would be perfect for the pictures from Sydney's Christmas play)...



And these Christmas Paper Posies. I used some more of that songbook paper, cardstock, and then crinkled and inked and fixed them up real pretty (if I do say so myself!). You can put them on scrapbook pages, cards, whatever...


And this fun Christmas scrapbook and journal made out of file folders. And it includes a sheet of Christmas "jumpstart" questions to help you figure out what to write about along with your photos...


And this little book to use for writing down all of your favorite quotations...


If you want to purchase anything as a Christmas gift, it will be no problem for you to get it in plenty of time. And cmon now, treat yourself...especially as you think about how to preserve your Christmas photos and memories this year. (The address to my shop is www.MyStoryDesigns.etsy.com or just Click Here to get to it.)

(You really also should check out my sister-in-law's Etsy shop. I recently put one of her gorgeous bookmarks into an order that Maria made from my shop, because Maria is a book lover. If you have an avid reader on your gift list, Danielle's bookmarks are perfect little gifts or stocking stuffers.)

If you're the creative sort...
What have you been creating lately?
Are you making any of your Christmas gifts?
I'd love to hear all about it!

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

I just visited your shop! How neat. I loved it. Could I send you a check for the devotional book? I do not want to give my information over the internet now. I've had some problems there. I could not find your address to mail the check to. If you would email it to me I will mail you a check this week. Thanks!

Adrienne said...

OH I love those paper flowers!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cheryl! Thank you so much again! I cannot wait to get my order. And the bookmark! What an awesome extra surprise! :D I'll be checking in my mail box and will let you know as soon as I get it!

I love the new Etsy items and I love the quote book! All your items are awesome! Those Christmas paper posies are sooo darn CUTE!

Your sister-in-law's Etsy shop is so cute, too! I love ALL her bookmarks! :D

Anonymous said...

Your stuff looks great. But I have to say I',m partial to the cake. Ha!

Mz.Elle said...

Must.have.that.cake!

I am making a pressie,for once!
I'm sewing(well kind of) a cool
apron for my man. It has flames on
it.

hippo chick said...

Where do I start?? I think I'll stary with your previous post. My heartfelt sympathy on the loss of your friend. Sounds like you all know how to honor her memory. Really cool!!!

Then there's the cake. Oh my, yummy!

I love the new things for your shop. I especially like the little Christmas scrap book. Hmmmm!

Have a great weekend.

~hippo hugs~

Gretchen said...

Man, Cheryl--I'd say you're up to your eyeballs in creating! ;)

That cake has my mouth watering. I absolutely adore cream cheese frosting.

Your etsy books and flowers are adorable.

Loreluca said...

I LOVE it when I get to see somebody else's work... I love all the inspiration! Love your albums, my friend. And I totally believe you about the cake, but if you send some my way, I'll believe even MORE! (ok. ok... how about sharing the recipe???)

Monogram Queen said...

Some day I want to make time to scrapbook!