Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Good Friday & Weekend

Friday was Good because...

* I got some scrapbooking done (I finished two layouts and worked on two mini albums. Once I take some pics of my creations, I will upload them...probably tomorrow).

* The weather decided to be warm and Alabama-like again. (Hurray!) So Alabama-like, in fact, that were able to blow some bubbles...





* I received a sweet surprise in the mail from Pam.

* I bought a fun new mystery to read.

(The cupcake book is from sweet Pam. Can't wait to try some of the recipes! The book is a new mystery that looks really fun--the main character can talk to dead people, who seek her out so she can solve their murders.)

* Sydney's team had a great game last night! (We lost, but it was an exciting 19-18 game with lots of hits and lots of good will between the teams...not like some we've experienced.).

And this weekend should also be especially Good because of...

* Date night with Gary.

* Some cool celebrations.

* All the Easter fun to come!

And on the same sort of note, here is the poem I wrote for yesterday's Poem-A-Day Challenge over at Writer's Digest.com. The challenge was to write a poem about a specific Friday, or Fridays in general, or whatever Friday makes you think of (since today is a well-known Friday). This is what I came up with:

Today

A good Friday is

a warm wind,
new book,
glass of wine,
cadbury egg,
assignment sent,
dollars in my pocket,
a call just because.

And
a rebirth

giving depth,
resonance,
meaning

to all those things
that are good on

this Friday.

I hope that your Friday was a good one...that your weekend will turn out wonderfully...and that you will feel especially loved on Easter Sunday.


9 comments:

Gretchen said...

Loved the poem and hearing about your good Friday.

hippo chick said...

I just love the bubble pics. I love blowing bubbles. It's such fun.

I'm glad you received the book. I'll be watching for a picture of some cupcakes from it.

Have a precious Resurrection Day!
Hallelujah!

~hippo hugs~

hippo chick said...

Great poem!!

hh

Gin said...

Those bubble pictures are SO SO SO great. I love doing bubbles (even at my age). Ha!

Adrienne said...

Love the bubble pics and the poem!

Cheryl Wray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl Wray said...

Thanks everyone!!

I'm trying to get all my Easter pics uploaded now. It was a GOOD day...hope yours was too!

Monogram Queen said...

Happy Belated Good Friday my friend! I might have to check out that book series!

Maria Hammon said...

Awesome poem! And did I spot a cupcake book??? So cool! Hope you'll share pics of your creations! I'm still unable to make one good cupcake! LOL.