Wednesday, July 08, 2009
Two-Fer Random Tuesday (oops, it's now officially Wednesday morning)
(And yeah, the banana art is really very random. Fun, though, right?)
I tried to come up with something fun for a Random Tuesday post, but (as always seems to be the case, during the busy, busy Summer that also includes sleeping way too late every morning) I didn't get it done in time. Instead of posting this on Tuesday, I slept late, read most of the day away, picked blueberries, watched some mindless t.v., washed laundry, and baked brownies. (Productive in a sense, I guess, but it still didn't accomplish my getting a Tuesday post out here.)
Still...better late than never...so I come to you today with a Random Wednesday post. It comes in a fun two-answer variety, and I hope you'll join in by posting your answers to the questions in my comments section or posting them on your own blog (and letting us know about it).
Two things that have made me laugh out loud since last I posted:
1. Sunday night's "Hannah Montana" episode on Disney Channel. I know, I know. It's a kids show, but I laughed out loud so much one time that I think stuff came out of my nose.
2. Watching Sydney tackle Gary last night. I love Daddy-Daughter fun time!
Two favorite fast food restaurants:
1. Taco Casa (This is a local restaurant that has taco grease down to a science!)
2. Zaxby's (Gary saw that a new one was being built in our small town and called to ask me, "How much money do I need to earmark in our savings account just for Zaxby's?")
Two snacks that are really good that you might not know about:
1. Nutella on croissants (Breakfast the last three days in a row!)
2. Movie theatre popcorn (Sure, you already know this is true, but on Sunday night I may have consumed the best buttery kernels ever!)
Two favorite Summer t.v. shows:
1. "Royal Pains" (A new show on USA about a guy who becomes a "concierge" doctor to the rich and famous in The Hamptons. Really fun!)
2. "The Closer" (If I were a man, I'd have a serious crush on Kyra Sedgewick.)
Two things I'm looking forward to in the next week:
1. Heading to the beach
2. The new Harry Potter movie!!! (I ADORED the sixth book, so I'm excited to see the movie!)
Two lessons I've recently learned:
1. Seventeen-year-olds feel real love and their hearts can break. It's my job as a parent to try and give her strong advice and guidance about what "true love" is, but to also let her know that I give her feelings validity. I don't ever want my girls to think I don't take their feelings seriously (although, as a 40-year-old, I know how things will almost invariably turn out!). It's a slippery slope to navigate and it can make you cry and pray a lot...but it can also make you smile when you think some of it might be working.
2. Texting is not the Great Awful Evil I once thought it might be.
Two goals I have for the coming days:
1. To get Sydney started into kindergarten without becoming a bawling, hysterical, sentimental wreck.
2. To accomplish actual writing on my novel.
Two "fun" things I've spent my money on recently:
1. The new Green Day album. It's loud and I love it!
2. A new makeup kit. I rarely buy makeup for me, so this made me happy with all its Summer-friendly colors.
Two things I'm dissapointed about:
1. That I will miss Vacation Bible School while we're at the beach.
2. That I still haven't figured out how to keep my big mouth shut sometimes (I'm sorry, Gary. I do love you, even if I keep talking and don't let you get a word in edgewise.)
Two sounds I hear right now:
1. Gary watching t.v. downstairs.
2. Sydney humming in her room, creating some sort of imaginary environment that I'm sure to be invited to.
Now join in if you'd like. Answer all of them, answer the ones you like, ignore them completely, comment on my answers. But whatever you do, have a wonderful Wednesday! And oh yeah...
Two things I will say to you in closing:
1. Good night.
2. Remember that today (Right Now) is a gift!