Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's Almost That Time of Year

Because life is crazy busy (and, hence, I didn't come up with anything overly clever for today's post)...and because college football kickoff can't get here quick enough...

This is just a friendly reminder that it is only 12 days until Bama gets the season rolling.

We're ready to get it going.



In the meantime, we are:

* Watching a lot of Braves baseball.
* Getting used to kindergarten.
* Starting another semester of teaching feature writing.
* Washing a lot of clothes.
* Watching Delaney play volleyball.
* Enjoying some nice, cool August days.
* Eating too much.
* Anticipating watching McKenna in the high school's first halftime show Friday night.
* Missing Gary while he's away on business.

But, really, it's just Twiddling Your Thumbs time until the football season begins.

(And I guess a Random Tuesday question/s for you can be:
* Who will you be cheering for this Fall?
* What are you anticipating right now? (If you're not a crazy sports nut like me, I guess there's other things you might be anticipating.)

And now, one more before we go...



Roll Tide!!

13 comments:

Stephenie said...

*I will be cheering for the mighty Crimson Tide :], McKenna during the halftime shows, and myself to make it through school Hahaha

*I am looking forward to spending the afternoon with Sydney today, I'm looking forward to seeing how this semester goes :]

Mz.Elle said...

I have to wait til October for hockey to start:( Other than that I'm cheering for cooler days and more fun stuff with my family!

Gretchen said...

You are hilarious, my friend. I half heartedly root for the UW Huskies and the Seahawks, but my heart remains as a Broncos and Buffs fan. Even if they stink.

Cheryl Wray said...

Steph--Woo Hoo!! I anticipate many Bama game-watching parties in our futures!!

Ms. L--Yes, hooray for cooler days. We are getting some of them down here too and they are wonderful!

Gretchen--I really do have a sports addiction...but I'm okay with that! The poor Huskies can't hardly buy a game, can they? I'll cheer them on for you this year!

Phats said...

First off LOVED the youtube clips, and I am ready for some FOOTBALL BABY!!! ROLL TIDE :)

Of course I am cheering for Purdue, BOILER UP! But I also cheer for your tide now too. I did my preview on my blog last night

hippo chick said...

Hi Cheryl,

I'm not a big football fan, but because of you and Laura, I'll be cheering for the Crimson Tide. How about that? Other than that, I'll be cheering for the Marion Black Knights and the Lady Knights soccer teams and then basketball.

What I'm anticipating today is our last summer sojourn. We leave early, early in the A.M. for our friends' cabin in the Adirondacks for the rest of the week. I haven't seen them since June and really miss them. Plus, I love their place in the mtns.

~hippo hugs~

Kimberly said...

I'm ready for some Bama football!!! Bring it on!! ROLL TIDE!!

Cheryl Wray said...

Phats--You know I'm Boilering Up this year too!!! And you know I love that you pull for us too! I hope we both have great years!! (Coming to check out your preview.)

Hippo--I just LOVE that you are cheering for our beloved Crimson Tide. Laura and I thank you very much. :-) And I hope you have a wonderful getaway. It sounds just heavenly!

K--You know it!! ROLL TIDE!

Laura said...

OMG!!! I am SO ready for some Bama football!! This is like the "calm before the storm"! Just the anticipation!!

Kenny Bell (#7) is from my hometown and I found him on facebook. We've been talking. He's ready!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are crazy. But I think we all all ready knew that.

I hope your team has a great year. I dont watch to many sports, but I do watch some NFL. I like the Patriots.

Marg

Jeff said...

Well, I have to wait until October for my sport to start up. Then it will be all about the Red Wings and Penguins.

In the meantime, I'm anticipating fall in general since it's my favorite time of year.

Cheryl Wray said...

Laura--I know that YOU, if no one else, would share my extreme excitement! That is so cool about Bell. Tell him Roll Tide!

Marg--Well, when it comes to the NFL, I am a Cowboys gal!

Jeff--Yeah, yeah, hockey. LOL I know you are SO ready for the weather to turn and stay cool!

Stephenie said...

Game watching parties are always the best. Besides, they always have the best pictures come from them!!!