I had a totally different idea for a post for today (it was going to be a nice mixture of sweet and sentimental and profound...I promise!), but the words just wouldn't come together just right. So, instead, I am holding off on that post until the beginning of next week.
In the meantime, though, how about a quick recap of...
Things (cool, meaningful, non-meaningful, etc.) I've done since I last posted on Monday:
* Spent way too much money on school supplies
* Took Sydney to Kindergarten Camp with Sydney (she's very excited about school starting...me? not so much)
* Received my Alabama football season tickets and have begun the official countdown to kickoff (29 days!)
* Baked cupcakes at 10 pm one night, and had most of them eaten by noon the next day
* Did some scrapbooking for the first time in Forever
* Ordered tickets for all of us to go see an Atlanta Braves game next month
* Listened to Sydney rename most of the Atlanta Braves lineup one night this past week (Brian McCann is now McCandy Corn; Chipper Jones is Chippjon Jones; Jaier Jurgens is Giant Jurgens; Nate McClouth is Clutchy McClutch.) Don't ask me!
* Bought birthday gifts for Mom
* Listened to McKenna happily relate good news about band and color guard camp (she is co-captain of the Guard and they have had 8 a.m.-until 6 p.m. practice everyday). Makes me ready for high school football to start too!
* Slept a little late every day of the week
And things I'm looking forward to...
* Date night with Gary tonight
* Season premieres of "Monk" and "Psych" tonight
* Celebrating Mom's birthday tomorrow
* School starting next week
Have a wonderful weekend, and I will be back much sooner than later!