Just Some Random Thoughts and Goings-On
* We just returned from a weekend trip to Tennessee, to watch McKenna's high school Winterguard team perform in their first compeition of the season. (Winterguard is a competitive, artistic version of a color guard that performs with a marching band. They perform on their own to music, with dance and flag work and rifle work and different things.) They did really well, and you know there will be pictures soon.
* A hotel for the weekend meant bed jumping took place!
* I'm continually amazed by how much money you can spend so quickly (especially on a weekend trip).
* It makes me extremely happy when I get "I love you"s and "Thank you"s from my girls, and I don't think it's because they want something.
* My Cowboys failed miserablly (and yet, epochally!) this afternoon. I am extreeeemely disappointed.
* I have been doing a lot of redecorating in my house, and it makes me extreeeeemely happy. I especially love the new, funky floor lamp I have in my living room now.
* We have fun (and meaningful) plans for Martin Luther King Day tomorrow. We are going to visit the 16th Street Baptist Church here in Birmingham, and then do a "Day of Service" with the city's United Way. I'm really looking forward to it, and hope that it reinforces what I already try and teach my kids..that we are all equal, we will be loving and tolerant, and that there is no better way to profess that we believe those things than by serving others.