Saturday, February 25, 2006


Is Anyone Else Ready for Warm Weather?
Okay, we had a few flurries a week or so ago (MAJOR excitement in our house--having it flurry for ten minutes was more snow excitement than we've had here in years. Delaney is SO wanting some snow!) and today it's raining cats-and-dogs. Yuck! But yesterday, Mother Nature taunted me with a warm, sunny day. I actually put on shorts to pick up the girls from school! And now I'm so incredibly ready for a getaway to somewhere warm!

So, all of you who know me, know how obsessed I am with scrapbooking. (Totally, totally addicted!) I decided to create a beach-inspired scrapbook layout since I was so jonesing for a summer-like day. So, here is one I made with a photo from Aruba (this was actually our "backyard" when we were on our honeymoon to the island 10 years ago. So absolutely gorgeous!) We all love the beach and, come April or so, Gary will start singing songs like "Some Beach, Somewhere," "Margaritaville," and his beach favorite, "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere." Whenever we get near a beach, that becomes his song of choice and he sings it everyday (it started three summers ago when we went to Gulf Shores with Ryan and Allison). So, my layout here is my ode to summer and beaches.

My trip to Las Vegas with Gary has been postponed (Gary's still going, but my plans couldn't get worked out; sigh!), so I am SO ready to go somewhere on a getaway. Those of you who know me also know how much I LOVE traveling . . . anywhere! So, plans now are underway for us to go somewhere for our anniversary (after our bed-and-breakfast weekend last year, we decided to do it every year). Can't wait . . .maybe it will be to somewhere warm!

No comments: