Sunday, March 19, 2006

Good Job McKenna!

Thought I'd share a few of McKenna's accomplishments with you guys!

McKenna's band at Hueytown Middle School (she plays the french horn) made all 1's in their state band competition held last Wednesday. This was the first time since McKenna's been in the band there that they even made it to state (you have to make all 1's in district competition to get there). So, in state (which was held in Homewood) the band made all 1's both in their prepared performances and also in their sight-reading competition. They were all so excited and I was so proud of McKenna and the entire band!

McKenna has also joined our adult choir at church and sang with them for the first time this morning. She also did the children's minute in front of the whole church this morning. She amazes me at how she loves to try something new; if she wants to do it, she goes for it! And her faith, at such a young age, is just inspiring. She can certainly act like a typical almost-14-year-old, but is also very spiritually mature. I tell people all the time that I love my teenager!

No comments: