Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I'm "Lost" . . . and dreaming of "American Idol"s

Okay, this year I guess I'm a "typical" American--I'm hooked on both "Lost" and "American Idol" and caught up in all the speculation surrounding both tv shows. Gary and I are still watching "Lost" from our Itunes downloads (we're never at home to actually "watch" live tv!) and are almost all caught up (hoping to watch the last one tonight). We watched one Monday night and, let me just say, that I'm as confused as ever. Where in the heck did that food drop come from? And what in the world does the map on the hatch wall mean? (Is it a true map of the island? or a former hatch dweller's speculations?) Who knows? . . . all I know is that it's fun to watch and try to figure out!

And last night's "American Idol" was awesome! I actually enjoyed the songs on last night's show more than any recent ones, and thought that our homegrown Taylor did great (he's my fave because he's from Bham) but also thought Katherine, Chris, and Elliott did great (I actually think that Elliott may have the best voice of all the guys; he's just not getting the love because of his kinda dorky looks, but boy can he sing! His voice is just fluid and beautiful!). I think that Kellie did truly "butcher" her song. But I'm still hoping that Ace leaves tonight! I guess we'll see!

No comments: