Monday, May 01, 2006



Awesome Weekend--with a Capital A!!!!!
Had a great weekend, for many, many reasons. So, in reflection, here are 13 things I'm grateful for . . .
1-- A date night with Gary. (We went to Applebee's on Friday after softball practice. Were gonna go into "town"--i.e, Hoover or 280, but didn't get off until later than expected. But SO nice to go out just the two of us. When the waitress asked how many, we said, "2, not 5"!)
2-- My niece, Lori. (Lori watched Delaney and Sydney for us while we went out--McKenna was at a birthday party, so couldn't do it.) Lori is a really cool girl and we love her, even though she's CRAZY; she hangs out a lot at our house and sometimes feels like an Honorary Daughter.
3-- Old Friends. (Got an email from Debby saying she got approved for her radiation treatment in Houston. Yay, yay, yay!!! Deb is a friend from NINTH grade who has advanced cancer. BIG-time praying for her! She is such a COOL person.)
4-- New Friends. (Okay, she's not new because she's lived next door to me for years. But for the first time EVER, I went and hung out with Adrienne next door. She has the most amazing scrapbooking room filled with more craft goodies than you can imagine--we had SO much fun doing our cropping and watching the kids have fun!)
5-- Scrapbooking!!! (Re Post #4. LOL. I actually finished FIVE layouts at Adrienne's on Friday night. And they were layouts I was really excited about!!! I think it's her inspiring layouts laying everywhere that got me going! Yay, fun! Then, Delaney came home and scrapbooked all weekend. Gotta love that too!)
6-- Chocolate cake from Zoe's. (I surprised Adrienne with a piece of cake from Zoe's in Hoover--it is SO yummy chocolatey and has this really sugary, kinda crunchy frosting. Hard to explain! Adrienne's girls kept asking if they could have some and had to keep saying no, I got it just for us!! Kinda had cake-hoarding guilt!)
7-- Whitewater fries from Twister's. (As our scrappin night came to a close--like at 10 p.m.--Gary called to ask what I wanted to eat for supper. By then, I was HUNGRY. He went to Twister's and brought home wings--but most excited about the fries. Ranch sauce poured all over them, with some other seasonings in there. Yum!!)
8-- Sydney's kisses. (Sydney has become so affectionate and there is nothing like a sweet kiss on the cheek from a 2-year-old!!)
9--A former Longhorn becoming a Titan. (My fave quarterback from this past year, Vince Young, got drafted by the Tennessee Titans. The only thing better would have been him becoming a Cowboy! Also excited that my Bama QB Brodie Croyle got drafted too. Will be fun to watch them!)
10-- A daughter coming home from a weekend away. (McKenna spent Friday night at a party, then was gone all day Saturday to drama practice, then her Granny took her to Blountsville over night for a grandmother-daughter banquet. When she came home Sunday, I was glad to see her!)
11-- Fajitas from Habaneros. (After church, came the usual routine. "Do you wanna go get something to eat?" "Where do you want to go?" "I'm not picking, you pick." We came back to Habaneros, like we do so often. Hadn't had fajitas there in ages, and boy were they good!!)
12-- A few hours to myself. (Sunday afternoon, Gary took Delaney to a birthday party and Sydney slept the whole time they were gone. I had like TWO hours of time to myself--don't get that too often!)
13-- Husband going to Bible study with me. (Gary decided to try our Sunday night Bible study with Brother Jack, and he really seemed to like it! Church is great ALL the time, but it's ten times better when Gary's there with me!)
So . . . it was a super weekend! Will post pictures soon of the layouts I did at Adrienne's. Can't wait to share them with everyone!
(And, oh, the pictures above are of me and Gary before going out Friday night--Gary looks like he's either in La La Land or posing for a mug shot. He's still a cutie!! And of me and Adrienne on our scrap night.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a FANTASTIC TIME! Can't wait to do it again!