Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Few Things I Learned Today . . .
Life taught me a few interesting things today. Some of my "new" observations--
* 14-year-olds think that the idea of a lingerie shower is gross, and you probably shouldn't even tell them about them. (Allison and I are throwing Chris a lingerie shower and I was telling McKenna about what we were planning, this morning on the way to school. Her response? "Eww . .. that's one shower I won't be coming to." When I told her she wasn't invited anyway she said, "Gross, who'd want to come to one of those anyway?")
* America is NOT happy with Chris being voted off of "American Idol." On every radio station I listened to today, everyone cried about it! But, you know, I predicted Chris and Katherine in the bottom two last night based on the night before's performances. Taylor was solid, as usual, and his personality is just so great, and Elliott ROSE to the occassion and sang great! So, who knows . . .
* 2-year-olds can put you in your place. Sydney was trying to get my attention by yelling, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy," but I kept telling her, "I'll be there in just a minute." The next thing I heard was, "Miss Cheryl!!!!!"
* My 9-year-old can sing better than me any day of the week! Delaney's singing tomorrow night at Hueytown Spring Fest (she's doing a song from "High School Musical" . . . of course!) and she is SO good. I would have NEVER gotten in front of a group of people like that at her age!
Have a great Thursday!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO funny about her calling you Miss Cheryl. I guess she hears tht a lot from other people, huh? Cute.

Anonymous said...

I miss Chris!! But Go Taylor!!