Thursday, May 18, 2006

No Rest for the Weary . . .
Well, I'm seriously TIRED this morning. Last night, after spending time at church and then coming home to watch "American Idol" (which lasted an unexpected hour, instead of 30 minutes; and, btw, I was seriously bummed when Elliott got voted off--he's got a great voice, and his whole I-love-you-mom scenes just made me CRY. but WOO HOO Taylor!!), McKenna and I made a trek to Walmart to buy a few things for Delaney's class party (and we ALL know how bad Wallyworld is at 11 p.m.--three cashiers and a hundred people checking out!).
Sydney had actually nodded off around 8:30, because she hadn't had a nap--but, wouldn't you know it? That meant that she woke up this morning at 4 A.M.!! She crawled into bed with us and kept hitting me. "Wake up, Momma!" "Juice, Momma!" But my favorite was, "I want some chips, Momma!" (There was a bag of Lay's sitting on my bedside table and she was wanting to eat them at 5 in the morning. LOL)
All this came after a busy, but nice day yesterday. McKenna also continued the TIRED trend and woke up feeling tired and cranky. She'd had her play the night before and was WIPED out! So, I let her sleep in and skip school (bad Hooky-Supporting Mommy!), and then she and I had some good mother-daughter time. We went to Scrap Etc. for me to spend my Mother's Day gift card--and I only spent $9 over the card amount! I got the cutest Heidi Swapp flowers, and Queen & Co. sequin flowers and brads, and patterned paper . . .and all kinds of cute stuff. Then, she and I went to Homewood and ate at PawPaw's Patch--where she got fried okra, which made her day (it's her FAVE food!) and I got fried green tomatoes, which made MY day! Yum!
At church last night, Allison and I worked on the invitations for Chris' lingerie shower we're having next month. All I can say is--TOO cute! Just imagine (if you possibly can!) receiving an invitation in the mail that includes a bustier and bra. They are so fun, and we are gonna have a great time at the shower!
So, I'm VERY sleepy this morning. And there's no rest for the weary! Got Delaney's class party this afternoon (spent some time last night making her teacher the cutest little mini album with notes from students inside) ; have Delaney's softball game tonight; gotta get geared up to help Gary with a photography shoot this weekend; meet an article deadline; have a birthday party for Matthew too (and haven't even thought about a gift yet!)
Off to go buy ice cream for the class party! If only there was time for a short nap . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»