Thursday, May 04, 2006









Scrapbookers everywhere are raving about a book by Cathy Zielske that has the coolest layouts and NEW way of thinking about the hobby--basically, you have to get at the HEART of what really matters and create art that "says something." A friend of mine challenged me to do a layout based on one from that book. The layout answers some questions about my life right now. This is the layout I created!

I know you can't read the journaling, so this is what it says:

Inside I feel like I’m: 37 (that’s my real age, but it sounds so much older than I feel like I should be now!)
A goal I’m working on right now: to not be so impatient with the girls
My most recent achievement: cleaning out Delaney’s closet and finding more items to sell at my garage sale this coming weekend
The last gift I bought for someone: bought father-in-law Larry a jumper cable thing (?!) for his truck for his birthday
The last CD I bought: “welcome to Diverse City” by TobyMac
My current favorite song: “Diverse City” from that same CD (so funky!)
The last movie I saw in a theater: the 5th Harry Potter movie (it’s already out on DVD—man, I need to have a movie date!)
The last book I read: I’m currently reading My Antonia (I last read it all the way through back in 9th grade; it’s always been one of my favorites)
The last thing new I learned: how to use clear stamps for my scrapbooking pages
What I’m wearing right now: my Birmingham City Stages t-shirt from 1995
The last person I talked to on the phone: Gary
What I ate for breakfast: Diet Dr. Pepper and a frosted oatmeal cookie
What I thought I’d be doing at this age: editing a big magazine somewhere far away from here
Something I’m saving up for right now: a weekend anniversary trip with Gary
Someone I think about a lot: my daughters
The last person I helped: I helped Coach Mark by keeping score at McKenna’s softball game
The last thing I apologized for: to Delaney for not feeding her supper (she told me she was hungry like at 9 p.m., after coming home from a softball game, and I never fed her)
Something I’m worried about: not living long enough to see all of my grandchildren be born What I wish for when I see a shooting star: adventure!
What my plans are for the rest of this day: to get Katrina the bear cleaned up as a surprise for Delaney when she gets home, to go hang up garage sale signs for this weekend, to wash MORE (and more) clothes, and to maybe have fun and get to work on this scrapbook layout

If you're a scrapbooker, I challenge you to make a page answering the same questions.

2 comments:

Toya said...

I love your take on the challenge, this is amazing,, you are fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

Great job Cheryl! I Love it!