Thursday, June 29, 2006


In the Mail . . .
. . . (and some silly Sydney moments)

Don't you love it when you get "good" mail in the mail box? Like when it's NOT all bills or junk mail? I love it when I get a good letter from a friend (because everyone emails now, it's pretty rare to get those) or an invitation to some sort of party or fun event. So, I just got some good mail and I had to share . . . because, hey, that's what I do on my blog. I share even the most random, smallest things in my life!

Got the gorgeous card above from my girlfriend Michelle, all the way from Hawaii! She and I email a lot, but it's always SO much fun to get anything in the mailbox with a Hawaii postcard (Oh man, how I wish I was there RIGHT now!!). Michelle makes the most amazing handmade cards--she could seriously open her own shop!! She is so precious, because she always remembers everyone's birthday in the family; she even remembered Gary and I on our anniversary with a card. The girls LOVE to get birthday cards from Michelle, because they are always so original and obviously thought-out.

Anyway . . . this card is to celebrate their new home. She and Shayne live in military housing and the Navy just built them a brand-new, beautiful house. They are SO excited!! And I'm SO excited for them too! They deserve a new house with a lot more room. I can just imagine how cute Michelle is gonna make it! Now all I need to do is actually GO to Hawaii and see it! LOL! This is actually my big dream that I would just die if I could ever make come true. I would love to go see Michelle all by my lonesome for a long girls weekend. Probably won't ever happen, but I can dream huh?

Then got this other adorable card in the mail. This is for my nephew Garrett's birthday party this weekend. He LOVES "Star Wars," so this invitation just made us laugh so much. It is too cute!! In case you can't read it, it's written like the "Star Wars" opening. (A long time ago in a galaxy far, far awy, a baby boy was born. The council named him Anakin "Garrett" Kenobi, also known as the Chosen One. With the fate of the galaxy in his our hands, he is looking for all his family to come celebrate his 6th birthday.)


How cute is that? My SIL Danielle did a GREAT job with it, and she always has such fun games and stuff at the boys' parties. Can't wait to go this weekend!

Also in the mail . . . I got two article assignments, which were much-needed! I was so excited to get these assignments, and to also find out that this editor will probably have more for me coming up. I will be getting up earlier in the mornings now, before the girls are up, so I can work on them. I need to be writing for our vacation money. ("Will write for gas money." "Will write for hotel reservations." LOL!)

As always, Sydney has been keeping us entertained. Her Quote of the Week has to be what she said after our softball game the other night. She looked at the Hueytown Softball flag I had on our car and she said, clear as a bell, "Hueytown." Then I asked her, "Where do we live?" thinking she would associate Hueytown with it being our home. Nope, she answered, "The park." Does this child know what she's talking about or what? She's right--for the last three months, we HAVE lived at the ballpark. We all just laughed and laughed over that one!

Here's one pic from that ballpark!! She and Courtney sharing a snow cone. Love this pic!



Then I had to share these two pics I snapped yesterday afternoon. For some reason, Sydney loves to get behind her rocking chair by her window and sit there. Sometimes she's doing it to hide from someone, sometimes she gets back there and just plays with some little toys . . . I guess it's just her little tiny spot where she likes to hang out. It's so funny! Anyway, yesterday I caught her back there. If she hears you come in, she'll peek out from under or beside the chair, and that's what she's doing here.



And, oh, probably the sweetest Sydney Moment of all the last day or two . . . last night, she got to calling Gary "her Cutie Pie." I guess she hears us call her that and she decided that her Pop was HER Cutie Pie. Believe me, it made Gary just melt!!
Well that's a small glimpse into my exciting life right now (ha!).

I'm off to take a shower and eat me a pice of chocolate cake for breakfast (hey, I mentioned in my random post on Tuesday that I would eat it for breakfast if I could, and I actually have some in my house this morning!). BTW--if you haven't read the comments from this week's Random Tuesday, you really should. There are some FUNNY comments in there!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday. Try and stay cool!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics from today! And I also love getting "real" mail.

Anonymous said...

LOL! She knows you live at the park! Too cute!

Much Ado said...

cute pictures!