Friday, June 30, 2006

Some of My Latest Creations . . .

Instead of boring you with Wray news (exciting stuff like going to the swimming pool, washing clothes, and trying to find softball uniforms), thought I'd take this Friday morning to upload some pics of some scrapbooking layouts I've done over the week. I'm so excited because I've had some time to get caught up on some photos and events I really want to scrap. (Now, I'm only about 20 layouts behind! LOL)

This first one I did to commemorate the 20th reunion get-together I told you all about this past Monday. I used two of the pics you already saw on my blog! Just really simple--patterned paper, cut-outs from that same paper, and hand writing. I like it!


Here's one with one of my fave pics of late. From Father's Day, when I caught Sydney giving her Pop a kiss! Everyone together now . . .aaaaahhhhh!! (I really, really like this page!)


Now, a really QUICK one I did of our anniversary get-away. Hardly took any time at all to do this one, because I used these Scenic Paper Route patterned paper and matching stickers. I still like it, though (I think it's important to remember that my pages don't ALWAYS have to be time-intensive to be enjoyable!)



Okay, another really quick one of Gary and I. These papers are great, because they make you look like you spent some time on the project, but you really didn't! I just added some journaling strips and a fun Heidi Swapp flower. (This page is cool to me, because it captures a really "small" moment in our loves--just going out to dinner on a "date," but it's an important moment!)



Okay, here are my two FAVE layouts I've done this week. I LOVE how both of these turned out--the first one because of the topic and because of the cool products I used ( I'm IN LOVE with these chipboard letters) and the doodling I did all over it with the white pen that Adrienne gave me (makes me feel like I'm back in junior high doodling all over the place; love this pen!!) I also love the yummy color of this paper! This page all about my scrapbooking addiction!



My other FAVE is this one--I absolutely love this pic of the whole crew in the sprinkler on Father's Day, and this Heidi Grace paper is just the most gorgeous paper (this sheet of paper was my very favorite I bought the last time I made it to my fave LSS, Scrap Etc.). I just used the patterned paper, threw in some rhinestones (which you can't really see very well, but they're there!), and doodled some more! Fun, fun! (The title, which again you can't see real well, says: there's nothing as fun as a cold sprinkler on a hot day!)



Okay, I couldn't complete this post without putting this layout that my friend Adrienne did of her dd, Jaelyn, and Delaney. Adrienne is the Queen of scrapbooking--her work is so good!! She does cool stuff--like on this page--like masking and painting. (In fact, I'm not really sure why I'm putting hers in the same post as mine, because mine will look so sad in comparison!! LOL). But, here it is anyway . . . Enjoy! (Adrienne--hope it's ok that I put this here!)



Thanks SO MUCH for indulging me this Friday morning with all this scrapbooking stuff (I know that I have quite a few blogging friends who are primarily scrapbookers--that's what they blog about! But I also know that I have just a lot of family and friends who read my blog to keep updated on family stuff and pictures. So thanks to you guys for making it through this post!)

In closing, thought I'd share this comic strip with you. It pretty much shows that I'm not the only scrapbooking addict out there. Pretty cute!

(I hope you can read it, it came out kinda small!)

Okay, hold on, I gotta get a few pics in, just because I can't let a post go by without a photo in it (and I don't think those layouts really count, do they?). Here are two from yesterday--(not sure why Delaney has Syd's swimmies on, but she does. LOL!; and just thought this one of McKenna was cool!).



Have a great weekend and an awesome 4th! Not sure when I'll be back on to post, because we have a lot of stuff coming up. We have our last travel ball tournament of the year (State Championship!) this weekend--Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. On Sunday we have Garrett's birthday party. And on Monday and Tuesday, we will be doing Fourth of July stuff. Hope to enjoy hanging out by a pool and eating lots of yummy food!!

See ya!






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwww! ok the Kiss for Pop is just too sweet!

Anonymous said...

Love the layouts Cheryl!! Simply gorgeous



Stephanie Carty

Anonymous said...

What GREAT layouts!! I love them all but yes, especially the kiss pop one. How very precious. I love your blog too. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Love your layouts! So fun to see what you did with all of your great photos. Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Love that you made that picture so big, it really pops out and yells FUN! Great job! It also reminds me of when I was young and would run through the sprinkler. Oh to be a kid again!

Anonymous said...

Cheryl - loved the scrapbook pages! For near-forty, we look GOOOOD!

Trina said...

WOW!!! Your pages look soooo good!! Give yourself some credit... :-)