Thursday, June 15, 2006


A little encouragement goes a long way . . .
Found this image on another blog and it just HIT me that it says everything! I love to be encouraged (when I'm feeling down and someone tells me what a great job I'm doing or how much I'm appreciated--wow, that really does it!).
I guess also I've been spending a lot of time at the ballpark, where our kids are pushed and pushed and pushed. Of course, a lot of time they NEED that big-time; but a little encouragement also goes a long way!
I struggle A LOT with not being negative toward my children. Sometimes I stop and listen to myself and there I am being negative again--pointing fingers or being critical, when all they really need is to have a mom who's taken a deep breath, counted to ten, and then calmly reacted to whatever is going on around her. I need to remember to ENCOURAGE my children when I see that they have done something well!
Hope all of you have a wonderful night! I'm sitting here, waiting for my turn to make it to the shower. Sydney is in my bed, nodding off as we speak; Delaney is cleaning off the piles of softball dirt on her; and McKenna's eating her frozen dinner supper (at 10 pm!!). And now I'm hoping that Gary will get home soon so I can actually have some "adult" time of sitting and talking to my hubby. I miss him during this time of year!
Remember my mantra for today and tomorrow--Be positive and encourage those around you (especially those you love the most!).

No comments: