Saturday, July 22, 2006

Addicted to Disney Channel!
Wray Entertainment, this Friday-night style . . .
* After spending too much time in the heat and water this afternoon, Sydney konked out and took a very late nap until 6:30 (which could account for why she's just getting to sleep, at almost 1:30 a.m. LOL)
* Gary spent the evening at the ballpark, laying down some ungodly number of tons or rock.
* Delaney excitedly watched a marathon of "Hannah Montana" shows on the Disney Channel, then watched the brand new DC movie. She was SO excited!
* While Scout slept and Delaney watched TV, I enjoyed some "alone" time--watched the Atlanta game (and saw them screw it up in the 8th inning; yack!!), watched some Rachael Ray on the Food Netwok (love her!), read some on my novel (loving it! The Mermaid Chair), and did two scrapbook layouts. It was kinda nice!
Okay, I just mentioned Delaney's love for the Disney Channel. Well, let me just say that it has invaded our entire household!! Even when no one under the age of 12 is in our room, it's still usually on our tv! And after Gary and I watch some of it dumboundedly (although we will grudgingly admit that we like a few of the shows a bit much for anyone over the age of 12!), we will say, "Why is this on in here?" and change it to "Sex and the City," or Atlanta baseball, or the History Channel.
Even Sydney is addicted to it--and this is where it's really funny! She knows all the words to the songs from the DC movie, "High School Musical" (which, of course, we listen to daily via the karaoke CD), and she loves the shows. She especially loves "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" (believe me, ask your child and he/she can tell you ALL about it) and will imitate this hand motion thingie that the two main characters (boy twins) do. They slap palms, bump fists, and do this waving-their-hands-in-the-air thingie. And she does it!! And she will ask YOU to do it with her ("do the boy one" she'll say). It's TOO funny!
The picture above showed her doing part of it. Here she is completing the motions--
(and, hey, check out that big ole piece of blue gum in her mouth! LOL. She has just learned to chew gum, and not swallow it. And let's just say she's liking that!)
So, we are a Disney Channel family around here--whether we like it or not!
-------------------
Gotta give a big shout-out "Thank You" to my sweet hubby Gary. He went today onto Blogger and did all sorts of cool stuff for me. I now--have a photo on my front page (and it posts my picture when I comment on other people's blogs), have a list of websites and fonts I like listed on my front page (the list will definitely be growing); and he changed my Time Zone from California time to the RIGHT time. LOL (I was wondering why I would post at 7:30 a.m. and it would say like 4:3o. I know I'm not up at that time of the morning!) Next step--to figure out how to put a cool, pretty banner on top of my blog. Hopefully . . . coming sometime soon!
(there's my DH! Ain't he a cutie pie??)
------------------
Decided to add one more wrinkle to my blog. I'm adding a daily quote at the end of every post. It may relate to something going on, or it may just be a fun or inspiring thought to think about.
So, I leave you with this--
My Thought for the Day:
"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." (Babe Ruth)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFLOL! Same thing with Disney over here, but Tony HATES it! LOL, he will change it OH SO QUICK! LOL, and YAY for Gary!!! Cool huh? LOL

Anonymous said...

Too funny! And I love the pictures of your dd! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

ha ha, I think I know every episode of every show and every song on disney because of Tiara, photos of your dd is so cute, look the sun dress, I have to beg, borrow and steal to get Tiara to wear a dress.

Robyn said...

cheryl, she's such a cutie!!!

We're a disney family too, love those shows. :)

Anonymous said...

Yep, I think Gary's a keeper! He's sweet to help you out with all of that.

Going For Greatness said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss... I am so glad to see that you have taken this time to embrace your memories of him and celebrate! I LOVE the WW2 photo ( I am a WW2 Historian and collect stories of the veterans of WW2) I love the photo of them dancing. It's precious!! Thanks so much for sharing! You are keeping his memory aflame right here!!

Your daughter looks very much like my daughter! Is she 2? Mine was born on Dec 22nd 03. We always have on DC here. The favourites seem to be Little Einsteins, Raven, Hannah Montana and Suite Life.
Loving your blog, I am a 'regular'
Have a fab week!
~Gabi