Friday, July 21, 2006

TGIF!!
Yep, I'm glad that Friday has arrived! We don't really have any set plans for the weekend . .. if you can imagine that? Gary has to work Fall registration at the ballpark tomorrow, but other than that?? who knows?
Maybe I'll just set up an appointment with my couch and a book .. . or my scrap table and some photos . . . or my tv and a baseball game . .. or something else fun like that.
I don't have much of anything to write about this morning, but felt like I needed to get online and POST something. It's really funny--I've gotten so addicted to blogging that I don't really feel like my day is complete unless I get online and write SOMETHING to all of you! (LOL I'm sure all of you are anxiously awaiting what I have to say to you, huh?)
We finished up Vacation Bible School last night and it was really fun! It's nice to hear kids say, "I loved Bible School this year," or "That was so fun," or "I couldn't wait to come tonight." In my group, the kids watched a DVD and got their "Bible buddies" which, I think, was probably their favorite part of the night. They were little characters--Ray the sun, Rosa the jackrabbit, Cody the Coyote, Spike the Cactus, and Pablo the chili pepper--that taught them the different Bible lessons of the night.
We were teaching the kids that they could get Fired Up about Jesus in their life!! They'd yell "Viva" all through the night whenever certain things would be said. I think I'm still hearing "Viva!!" in my sleep!
I talked with McKenna last night. Her group sounds like it's having a great time in D.C. Yesterday, they went on a moonlight tour of the monuments and had a really full day of workshops and sessions. This morning they were going on a Congressional tour and a session at the Holocaust Museum. I'm sure that will be very meaningful!!!
She will be flying back in on Sunday evening. We will be ready to see her again, but I'm not missing her too much because I know she's having a special time!
I think it's so important to let our children have their own time and space . . .to let them spread their wings on their own and discover what's important to them . . . to not be attached to their mom or their dad so much that they can't be themselves! I think I've done pretty well letting McKenna do that so far, and I really want to be the same way with Delaney and Sydney.
Hope all of you have a wonderful Friday and try and CLEAR YOUR SCHEDULE this weekend and have some You Time. That's what I'm gonna try and do!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think my schedule is pretty clear too! YAY! shhhhh, don't tell anyone!

Anonymous said...

have a great weekend, cheryl!

Anonymous said...

I hope you get some scrapping done or at least some me time, you know?
take care and have an awesome weekend

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good weekend! Have a good time!!