Thursday, July 13, 2006

Just Some Assorted Observations & Happenings from the Wray Household

Since I posted last (at like 6 in the morning yesterday, if you'll remember!!), life has been pretty ho-hum (which is actually a pretty good thing, because that means no major drama or big event has taken place; it also means that I got to go to bed by about 10:30 last night too, which was VERY nice since I was practically delirious from lack of sleep!).

So just thought I'd share some things I've noticed lately in our household, and also give you a few updates on stuff going on.

One thing that I've become obsessed with is reading other people's blogs. I guess it happens when you have your own blog that you start surfing around and finding other people's. I've learned three important things from this--(1) There are some really cool, creative people out there, (2) There are some really sad, pathetic people out there (people will write about anything, let me tell you!) and (3) You can make some neat new friends from blogs (I know more about my sweet next door neighbor, Adrienne, now from her blog than I did from her in "real life."). LOL

But some of the cool, creative blogs I've discovered lately . . .

Go to www.creampuffsinvenice.typepad.com and just absolutely DROOL over this chick's food photos and recipes. I LOVE this site and go to it everyday to find something new to wish I was eating right now! Check out that strawberry concoction today! Gracious me!!

Go to www.scraplyric.typepad.com if you love to scrapbook and love music! I love this blog because it gives weekly challenges for scrapbookers based on songs. Too cool!

In fact, I got inspired by it yesterday and did this layout for the challenge it had on doing a page based on a song about "Girls."



This page is based on the song, "One Girl Revolution" by Superchick. For those of you who don't know, Superchick is this really great Christian band that at's all about creativity, self-esteem, being yourself, and GIRL POWER. We love them in our household! And the song here just reminds me of McKenna for some reason.

Hey, go to www.superchickonline.com to check them out!

Well, you knew I'd have to get a scrapbooking mention in here, huh? Well, you're gonna get one more, because I thought I'd post this from Delaney. I have two other scrappers in the family with me (Sydney still has time to get there!) and she got inspired last night to do a page based on a song lyric. She did this based on Natasha Benefield's "Unwritten." Pretty darn good for a 10-year-old, don't ya think?



In Other News . . .

I've decided that I now live in Polly Pocket World. Delaney loves these tiny little dolls (and, I have to say, that if they'd had them when I was her age, I'd aloved them too! They are so cool, with all kinds of neat accessories to play with!) And Sydney loves them too--almost too much, because she steals them from Delaney all the time and we find them hidden in her room!

(These are just SOME of the remnants of a day in Polly Pocket World)

Yesterday, Delaney went and bought another PP set with her money, which brings me to an important Parenting Tip for all of you moms and dads out there.
TIP--you can entertain your children for at least an hour by letting them collect pennies and other coins from around the house, with the promise that they can exchange them for dollars and have the money! Yesterday, I did this and was able to actually work on an article uninterrupted for just a little while! (And Delaney got like $8.50, that was able to use toward her new toy!)

Let's see . . . Sydney has a new bathing suit and she loves it. Here she is modeling it on the way to the car.
And for those of you who may decide to talk to Scout about her new bathing suit (or about the beach or swimming or whatever . . .) it may sound like she is calling it her Baby Soup. But she just can't say her "th"s so it comes out "Babing Suit." Too cute!

Sydney also will tell you that she is not stubborn! This child absolutely REFUSES to go to the potty, although she absolutely knows what she's supposed to do (although the new tactic is for her to sit on the potty while we read to her, and she seems to kinda like it when Delaney reads to her. Maybe . . .). We'll say to her, "Are you stubborn?" and she'll reply, "No, I not stubbon. I'm Sydney."

Talked to McKenna last night around 10. They had had a busy afternoon after arriving in Panama City. They set up for the Vacation Bible School that is starting today (they will be spending 6 hours each day with the kids coming to it!), and also got a chance to go to a concert on the beach (First United Methodist Church of PC sponsors nightly Christian concerts on the beach) and she said it was really good. She said she wasn't tired, even though she didn't sleep at all on the way down. Hmm . .. we'll see how long it takes her to crash! Sounds like they are gonna have a great time!

Plans for the day--The only thing Delaney has requested is some ice cream from Dairy Queen. So, we may take a mid-afternoon trek to the DQ for a Dilly Bar!!

I SO want to go see "Pirates of the Caribbean." Thought we might treat Delaney to it while McKenna's out of town having fun. Problem is . . do I have an extra $70 lying around to spend on tickets and popcorn? LOL

That's it for now. Have a good one!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO FUNNY! Can't wait to see you tomorrow night! LOL

Sonya said...

You're right, I am a reading fool this summer LOL. My parents were both avid readers--that's where I get it from. I even read all my dad's Louis L'Amour westerns when I was a teenager.

Hope everything goes well on your daughter's trip, sounds like it'll be a blast for her.

Greta Adams said...

girlfriend...i HATE polly pocket...those things hurt when you step on them....
Delaney is awesome already at 10 hate to see her at 15 she'll be a superstar...love your LO ...scraplyric rocks i just haven't the time to participate...maybe one day though

Anonymous said...

great layouts--you and your dd. Yours is cool. That background paper is great!

Melissa said...

thanks so much for sharing those 2 blogs, they rock! I love to blog surf too ;)

your layouts are beautiful, love them :)

and the picture of your DD with her new bathing suit is too cute!

She-Ra said...

My kids wear "swim soups" - must be a sister line of the baby soup! I am loving your blog. How old should they be for polly pocket? We do barbies, baby dolls, and stuffed animals.

Cheryl Wray said...

Hey She-ra: Tried to email you back, but blogger wouldn't let me get into your blog. So . . . just thought I'd answer here--well, Delaney loves Polly Pockets althoughshe sometimes thinks she's too old for them. I tell her not to worry about it. She's 10, and I thnk the PP's are probably good for like 4-10 year olds, somethng like that. Of course, my 2 year old plays with them but she's good about not putting things in her mouth. Delaney has never liked Barbies much!
I love the Swim Soup and Baby Soup line of clothes! Ha!

Anonymous said...

AUGH!!! We call Polly Pockets foot killers!! OW!!!!





http://www.myspace.com/goodmaniacs