Friday, July 14, 2006

I Can't Wait . . .
(How in the world did I get up at 10:30 this morning? When I rolled out of bed about 40 minutes ago, I honestly thought it was probably 9. I knew I'd slept late, but sheesh!! Now I gotta CATCH BACK UP, don't I? Sleep was nice, but man . . .)
I was thinking for my post this morning that I really do try and live IN THE MOMENT. I hate looking forward to far in the future, because I miss what's going on today, right now, at this point in time, at this moment. You know, kinda like when you were little and bored and couldn't wait for Whatever to come around the bend and your mom told you to not "dream your life away" . . .well, I'm pretty good at that but last night I got to thinking of those things I can't wait for. So, my post today is
I Can't Wait . . .
* To hang out with my friend Adrienne tonight. We are gonna have Mexican Scrap Night at her house complete with food, drinks, and maybe games (LOL--we could cut paper and do the Mexican hat dance at the same time!). Seriously, I'm SO looking forward to that!
*To get another call from McKenna. She's calling every night around 11 p.m giving me updates from the mission trip (see below for Carol's "offical" update)
*For the night when I don't actually fall asleep on Gary.
*To go see "Pirates of the Caribbean." Hoping we might can fit it in sometime this weekend!
* To eat something really sweet. Been craving something sweet since last night about 8 o'clock, and need to satisfy it soon.
*For another chance to buy scrapbook stuff at 75% off (my favorite LSS was having a sale this morning and, duh!!, I slept until 10:30!)
* To go to Savannah and Tybee Island for our summer get-away. So excited . . . we're going the first weekend of August and staying one night in Savannah (and doing a Mystery Dinner Cruise that night; fun!!!!) and then a few more days on Tybee Island (the BEACH; Yay!!!!!)
* To go to Disney World during Fall Break (okay, this is WAY off, but I can still get excited about it!)
* To finish these two articles I need to finish. Waiting on two contacs to call me back--the worst part of the process!
*Until Scout is potty trained.
*I get to eat. I'm SO hungry right now!!!!!
What are you excited about in life right now?? What do you have to look forward to ??
On another note . . .
I got Carol's update from Panama City. Here it is--
Hi everyone, The drive down on Wednesday went great after we figured how to get everything down here!!! God is so GOOD!!! Jennifer from Lynn Haven UMC was awesome she brought over tons of decorations from her church and another UM church where her friend works. Things look great! Everyone worked really hard and we are having a great Fiesta. (Party) Well, day one of VBS was great, we were low in numbers of children but everyone worked well and tried their best to stay busy. I have a few favorite moments so far...- Tyler stepped out of his comfort zone and taught yesterday afternoon in the maraca Munchies area. - Boy do Steven B. kids love him and he is loving it.- Haley saying last night that her favorite part so far being the times she sees that the students are really getting into it!-Reagan being so excited that things went in her and Haley's room, she was so proud. -McKenna having such confidence with her crew and loving every minute with them.-James admitting that this was fun working with kids. -Steven W. finding a solution that moved the kids during the games time slot in a creative and fun way. -Jane is teaching at the craft station as if she has been leading VBS Crafts for years. (Cactus Crafts)-Daniel said that he enjoyed the during Fiesta Finale yesterday afternoon because he was able to pray with one of his crew members one on one. -Lori leading the Theater time with such excitement, one of the students turn to me and said she is so much fun and I can't wait to tell my mom!-Cassi spent yesterday morning using her skills learned from working with her little sister and was able to be so lay back and from with her crew. (While keeping everything under control.)-John Wesley, said I love being on the side leading. There are many more great moments but here are a few for Day I of VBS.We have had a few bumps along the way but most of all things are going great. Please keep praying and I will write you all tomorrow!!! Seeking Him, Carol :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

great list! your blog is great too!

Going For Greatness said...

I am one who lives in the moment too. I do, however, spend a few minutes each day looking forwards to events and milestones ;)
I think it's a health process and good for our brain and morale.
Thanks for commenting on my blog! I've book marked you and you're now on my daily 'stroll'
Have a lovely weekend!
~Gabi

Going For Greatness said...

Ps - Oh! I am also from BHAM! :) I was born in Dothan, grew up in Aspen, CO and now live in NJ... what was I thinking?!?! HAHAHAH!!!

Going For Greatness said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

So I have finally got to check your site since I have been at the Beach.Jealous much, Mom? =]
so what am I looking forward to you ask? here you go

I am looking forward to--

*Flying to Washington,D.C. tomorow for a leadership conference with some of my youth. I can't wait to see all the monuments and learn about how our country was founded on leadership.

*Me and Brett's one month anniversary! =] finally, we stayed together long enough!

*Band camp before school starts!

*Tybee Island vacation with the family before school

*Being a freshman in high shcool!Although I am so nervous!

*and getting some sleep tonight!

=]
I can't wait until these things!
yes!

Okay,im done.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested