Friday, August 11, 2006

First Day . . .
It sounds like the girls had a GREAT first day of school. Delaney loves her teacher--said she's so nice and is going to let them do all sorts of fun things (of course, I'd be telling my kids that on the first day of school too. LOL). She did her first duty on the Safety Patrol and loved that! AND she was very exited about heading out again this morning!
More importantly (just because of the BIG-ness of it all!) was McKenna's first day of high school. She loved it!!! She said she's gonna love the block schedule (they have just four classes all day long--about 1.5 hours each--and change schedules by semester) and she loved her history teacher especially. And she's loving band. So life is good there! And--thank goodness!--she had friends in all of her classes. Yay!!
(I think the person who stressed the most yesterday was Sydney. When she dropped Delaney off, she cried, "I want to go to school" and kept on crying for quite a while! It was sad, but really kinda sweet too!)
Now, today, I seriously need to get some work done. I have an article due to the paper that MUST get done today (I really would rather be doing other things--I want to go buy a rug, and would love to do some scrapbooking!). I actually also have an idea for an article that I want to send out a query for (haven't done that in a while, so that would be good!)
Lots of stuff going on this weekend--Delaney is trying out for a travel softball team this evening (we tried doing it last night, but we had a HUGE storm that drenched everyone!) and McKenna's grounding is being lifted temporarily so that she can go to a youth retreat at our church (It's gonna be great!). Part of that involves me spending the night tomorrow night at church and being a chaperone over like 30 teenage girls!!! Aaargh . . if I survive, I'll post again Monday morning.
(And, oh, totally unrelated--Dad emailed me to let me know that my Alabama football tickets are in the mail! I'm SO excited!! College football is only like 22 days away and life feels like it's getting back to "normal" because I listened to my sports radio shows yesterday for the first time since the end of school last year. I LOVE sports and especially football, so I'm very excited!)
Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad they had a great first day!!!!

Cindy Barb said...

I am so glad the girls had a wonderful 1st day. They look so pretty and grown up. Boy kids really grow fast. And poor Sydney; I can remember Tim going to school and crying because I wanted to go. Momma gave me a pencil and pad, let me sit at the table and we began doing out ABC's. She told I was in school and I fell for it.... lol

Have a wonderful day and weekend.

Anonymous said...

so cute, they had a great first day of school, I hope Delaney gets on the team, sounds like you weekend is going to be lots of fun

Anonymous said...

Delaney and McKenna were beautiful. Their hair and clothes were beautiful. I'm so glad they had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Great photos!! Your girls look so pretty.

Anonymous said...

I love the first day of school. For the kids--and for me!!

Nat said...

Hi Cheryl, thanks so much for stopping by my site - how on earth did you find me? Don't your girls just look gorgeous - I think I've worked out the oldest is McKenna and I right... she looks super excited and what a stunner - bet she did pick the right outfit... I think I prefer that we had school uniforms - no stress there with fashion!

I'm so sorry to hear about your little disaster of late. But it is awesome that you have rode through it can see the joy in situations still :)

Looking forward to getting to know you a little more - so I'm off to look around your blog some more.

Nat :)

Melissa said...

wonderful 1st day pictures :) sounds like they had a great time

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

You have beautiful girls. It is really nice if your kids are happy and enjoy going to school! I love sports to - very much so! Have a super weekend and good luck to D with the Softball tryouts!

Cheryl Wray said...

Thanks to all!!
Cindy--great memories about Tim. I try and tell Sydney that she's going to "Mommy School," but that doesn't quite cut it. LOL
Toya & nmotb--thanks about Delaney's tryouts (and it's so funny that you called her "D" in your post--that's what we call her on the softball field)
Nat--great to meet you! I'm loving your blog too!
Melissa, Alecia, Mom--yep, the girl sure looked pretty. They're growing up TOO fast!!

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hello, How did D's tryouts go (or am I too early). Hope she made it! Will pop around again to see!