Friday, August 25, 2006


An Impromptu, Quickie Photo Shoot!
Tomorrow we are going down to Tuscaloosa to have a joint birthday celebration for my mother and I. (Mom's birthday was actually back on the 12th and mine's not until the 31st, but we have had a hard time finding a time to meet, so we're just gonna have a big ole joint party!) I've collected Mom a couple of birthday presents, but decided yesterday that I wanted to give her a framed picture of the girls as one of her gifts. She's complained to me several times lately that she doesn't have any good, current ones of the girls together; she has some snapshots, but I'd really like her to have more of a portrait shot.
Well . . . no time for a big portrait shoot! But I did decide that I could do a quickie backyard photo session. And boy was it a quick one!! I picked up the girls from school and got home by about 3:20, then had to leave the house again by 4:15 to get McKenna back to the school to leave for a football scrimmage down in Sylacauca and to then meet Gary with Delaney for her to get to softball practice. So, we had like a 10 minute window to take a few pics--and still have time to cool off, change clothes, have something cold to drink, get our stuff together, etc. (Does that sound at all like any of your days?? LOL Sounds like mine MOST of the time!)
The girls were great--after complaining at first how hot it was and about how they had no time to fix their hair. But I really like how casual these look. I'm no professional photographer, but I still love to take pics. And even though they're not perfect, I love them anyway!
I messed around some with enhancing them afterwards, and changed a few to sepia. The ones I love here are the ones that just show Sydney's personality, and just the enjoyment on the faces of the other girls. (My dad, who was a photographer and college photography professor, took tons of Sunday afternoon photo shoots of my brother and I and we quickly learned how to make a posed shot look un-posed--so I guess that's why I love the natural, unstaged photos the best.)

I know which one (or maybe 2) I'm gonna give to Mom, but I'm not saying it here because she might get on here and read this! LOL (She's been known to do so!)

Gotta big day ahead of me here. Need to get enlargements done of the photo/s that I'm gonna give to Mom. Then tonight we are having a last minute Cheetah-licious party to help celebrate my niece Lori's birthday (we missed it when we were on vacation). Any of you with pre-teen girls in the house must know that "The Cheetah Girls 2" is premiering on The Disney Channe!!Delaney also invited her friend, Scotti, to come over so it should be fun. I'm gonna attempt to make cheetah cupcakes (which will even turn out really creative, or very messy! We'll see!)

Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!! Do some celebrating--I know I will!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! I love them all...cute cute kids :)

Anonymous said...

I adore the last one! too cute

Anonymous said...

LOVE them! I love your girls!!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME pics!!!!

Cheryl Wray said...

Hey Clara--
Of course, you can have some pictures! Just let me know which one/s you want!

Anonymous said...

fiaww, to cute I love the last one, that is priceless

Anonymous said...

ACK!!!! TOO CUTE!!! J/K You Wrays are just too cute! Great pics!! Wish us luck, we are driving to Huntspatch after I get off work today. However, J got up w/sore throat and sniffly, went to school but called Al at 10:30 to come get her. She's going to Dr. today. Hopefully, no strep!!! Have a GREAT trip/weekend!! Ryan

Cheryl Wray said...

Ryan--Yuck! Hope it's not strep! Maybe it won't mess up your trip to Huntspatch (too funny!).
Yep,we're cute. We just can't help ourselves! LOL (actually .. . we look better in pictures than reality!)

Greta Adams said...

love all the photos....i am in dire need of doing this myself

She-Ra said...

great pix! I will admit that I watched the cheetah girls last night. On my own (I don't think the 2 year old counts though she did dance along a couple times).

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Those pictures are stunning - your kids are really gorgeous! Have a good weekend!

Nabeel said...

awww great pictures .. especially the third one with the vivid green leaves .. happy and fun kids :)

Cheryl Wray said...

Thanks everyone! It does help when you have cute kids to begin with!
I gave my Mom her pictures tonight and she LOVED them. She was so excited to have up-to-date pictures for her house, and were on display before I left. So, that was great!!!!

Anonymous said...

love them all!! they are so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cheryl! Just stoppin' in to say Hi! What darling girls! So sweet! Happy early birthday to you! :)

Phats said...

Great pictures, your kids are cute! :)

Do they all say ROLL TIDE?! You don't have an Auburn fan in your family do ya? haha

Cheryl Wray said...

Greta,nmotb, Nabeel, Maggie--thanks about the pics!
She-ra--You are so funny! I admit it--I watched the Cheetah Girls also! It was cute!
Melissa--Hey to you too!! Hope college is going great!
Phats--yep, they all say "Roll Tide!" They have no choice, really! (Well, I do let them say "Hook em Horns" too, but Roll Tide is preferred!)

Going For Greatness said...

Your girls are SO gorgeous! I LOVE these candid shots of them just being GIRLS!!
your little one is sure a ham!!!
3 beauties.... you are so blessed!!
XO
Gabi