Friday, August 18, 2006

Questions & Scrapbook Layouts

A few questions to get you pondering this morning . ..

* Where in the world is Cheryl? Any clue as to where I snapped this picture?
Guess and comment, and let's see who can get it right! (It should be pretty easy for anyone in Alabama!) Sorry, I don't really have a prize for this! Just answer for the joy of answering. LOL! (Here's a hint--I broke down on one of my goals from yesterday. I did cook dinner again for the family--yay!--but I ate out for lunch! And let me just say . . . yummy yum yum!!!)

* Is it wrong for me to feed my 2-year-old cake for breakfast? I am definitely NOT a breakfast person. If I'm gonna eat omelets or toast or even pancakes, I'd really rather do so at about 10 in the morning (so I guess you could say I'm a brunch person!). At 7 or 8 a.m, my body just isn't ready to eat much of anything! And sometimes when I do eat earlier, I kinda break with tradition and eat something a bit bizarre. I've been known to eat leftover spaghetti, or a sandwich, or (more than likely) something sweet! So, yesterday I asked Sydney what she wanted for breakfast and she couldn't commit to anything. When I asked her if she wanted cake, her immediate answer (what else would it be??) was an emphatic, "YES!!!" That's my girl!

The "breakfast" cake in this situation was one of those lovely Pepperidge Farm frozen cakes. For some reason, they have always been one of my favorite inexpensive sweet treats. Growing up, in fact, my dad had one in the house most of the time. And when I need something sweet and
just can't figure out what I want, I grab for one of those more times than not. (The bad thing is that usually Sydney and I eat the entire cake ourselves!)

And now for some scrapbook layouts . . .
I have seriously been wanting to scrapbook for AGES , but just haven't had the time or the inspiration or whatever. (Plus, my printer is screwy and I can't do any of my layouts that need computer-printed journaling--like the four or five I have planned out, based on the Simple Scrapbooks quizzes book.) But, late yesterday afternoon and evening I worked on some layouts while the kids worked on homework. I was really pleased with what I got done!
This first one was great to do because it began to get me caught up (All Stars was in June, so I'm getting work done on summer memories!). I like this one, too, because of the fun foam stars I dug out to use on it.
This next one is a bit funky for me, but I like it. It's of a picture I love that I took during the summer when my friend Angela came to visit with us for a day. We did all that fun girl stuff--went out to eat at Johnny Carino's and got some sweets at Edgar's Bakery (with me and Angela, it's all about the food!) and then did some shopping (okay, it's also all about the bookstore shopping too!). Don't you love that paper?
And then I'd been wanting to do something for a while on McKenna's room renovation. This was WAY back in April, but better late than never right? She came up with a teal-chocolate brown combo for her room colors, so I had to find a cool paper with those colors in it. I like what I found! I also like how my journaling looks on this one. (Lovin that white pen, can't you tell?)
Well, the quality of the image on this next one is really pretty sucky, but I had to share it just because of the pictures on it. I LOVE these pics of Sydney and I had to capture this memory on a layout--Sydney with a bat in her hand and running the bases!)
This last one is my absolute FAVORITE layout that I have done in quite a while. I was reading an online article by Elsie Flannigan (who is such a fun scrapbook artist, for those who may not know her!) about her process. She said she just lays out photos, places them on paper, then just kinda randomly starts putting on embellishments, then keeps adding more and more until she's finished. Just more of a haphazard, creative process than I'm used to. But I tried it with this layout and I love it. It's of my favorite pictures from Chris and Charles' wedding back in June. Love the black background, the doodling, the hearts with the buttons in them. Just fun to do!
Now to get ready for the weekend. What do you have planned? We have a pretty nice one planned--not too hectic, but enough to keep us energetic and having fun!
Tomorrow is a big party at my favorite scrapbook store and they're doing all sorts of FREE make and take projects--mini albums, pages, altered stuff, etc. So I really want to pop over there for a bit. I know it will be fun! Then on Saturday night, the high school band is having a halftime show preview and picnic. This is something totally new for us, with McKenna marching for the first time, but I think it will be a lot of fun! And then on Sunday afternoon, Delaney has her first practice with her new travel softball team. Excited to see how they look!
I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend as well!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

First again!

I know where you took it! (I was there having to PAY for it)...

Love the layouts of Chris's wedding shots. Has she seen them? Will she take them from you when you do show them to her??

Linda said...

Dangit I have no clue where that is!!
I know you didn't post a picture of one of my all time favorite cakes!! OMG!! I got to get me one today. LOL :)
I don't eat breakfast food for breakfast. I eat last nights leftovers and my favorite breakfast is a big bowl of chili.
I love the scrapbook layouts. Very cool.
Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Durh! I know where you took it but I'm not gonna spoil the fun! Have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

you been busy, lots and lots of layouts, and I hope you have fun at the make and take event tomorrow

Cheryl Wray said...

Okay, someone is eventually gonna have to come out and say where I am!! LOL
beadinggalinms--I LOVE those cakes, although that's not my fave flaver. I really just like the plain chocolate, the plain vanilla, and the strawberry (although I can't find the strawberry like I used to). They are all SO good!
We had pizza for breakfast this morning!

Anonymous said...

TACO CASA! lol, Gary...you and cheryl are a HOOT posting on each others blog like you don't live in the SAME HOUSE!!! LOL TOO FUNNY! I love it!

mapiprincesa! said...

Hi...nice "meeting" you...what beautiful scrapbook work. I look forward to reading more of you!

Cheryl Wray said...

Yep, Taco Casa!! One of my favorite indulgences! I really have no idea why the taco sauce, and the great chipped ice, and the nachos, and the sopapillas, and everything in there just makes me happy!!!!
Gary and I don't have anything "better" to do that post on each other's blog. What's worse--last night he was IMing me from downstairs to my laptop upstairs. LOL

Anonymous said...

I just went to your blog to see what my favorite daughter is up to!! I am guessing Taco Caso. It is just a guess for your picture. Hope I’m first to get it right. HA! I love all of your scrapbooking.
Sorry about your printer, and the bank fiasco is hilarious!!
I pray for all of you each day and the kids in school and never forget little Sydney. Hope you all have a great day.
Got to go. Love you all.
Mom

Melissa said...

I never eat breakfast..I'm just not hungrey early in the morning. but cake sounds yummy ;)

great LO's! I especially like your (fave pictures) one.

Anonymous said...

Hey Adrienne, Them blogging on each other's sites is nothing. I've talked to Gary on the phone, when he's in one part of the house, asked him something about Cheryl, and he has used AIM to instant message her on her computer instead of just asking her!!

Unknown said...

Ryan, I'll beat that!!!

I've been on the bed with one laptop and cheryl on the floor with another laptop and I've caught myself IMing with her rather than talking!

Anonymous said...

Ok...now I need to know who Ryan is...you two are TOOOOO FUNNY!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

i know where you took that picture!

Taco Casa.one of my favorite restaurants.

She-Ra said...

Ahhh... scrapbooking! I haven't done any in a month. I'm excited to get the pictures back from our trip and get the book together right away! I'm going to do "If You Give a Mouse a Vacation..." We brought our cookie mouse (from the book) with us on the trip and took his picture here there as we went. Then I can go back to 2002 which is where I really am in my books...