Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Random Tuesday . . . Some Bests & Worsts
Well, this is much later than usual . . . but as someone once said, “Better late than never!” I’m so screwed up with my posts this week because of Labor Day. I posted an update and pictures from the weekend just yesterday afternoon (check the post right below this one for that!) and am just now getting around to my Random Tuesday-ness.

It seems like I’m always reading things that claim to share the “Best and Worst” of things (you know—“The Best & Worst New TV Shows of the Fall,” “The Best & Worst of Bama Football this Week,” “The Best & Worst Fall Fashions,” etc.). So I thought today’s post would focus on a few “bests” and “worsts.”

So for your consideration . . .

My Best Personality Trait—
I’d have to say that it’s probably my “Glass Half Full” personality. Even though I do have days that bring me down, I generally can find the bright side to just about anything. While it’s not always the most practical way to be, I think that it helps me stay positive and do better with relationships (it will also probably help me live longer!)

Worst Habit—
That would have to be procrastination! I’m the world’s worst at waiting until the last minute to finish an article (the day after it was due!), plan for a lesson (at midnight the night before!), buy a birthday gift (30 minutes before the party!), and just about anything else. My aforementioned positive outlook on things, though, makes it usually all work out just fine! LOL

(Close on the heels of procrastination would be my late arrival almost anywhere and my complete addiction to any sweet food!)

Proudest Personal Moment—
May sound kinda cheesy, but I’d have to go with the birth of each of my three daughters. I’ve never been the best at labor or giving birth, but there’s nothing like the feeling I felt right after McKenna, Delaney, and Sydney greeted the world. Like I’d done something immensely important!

Most Embarrassing Moment—
Okay, there is no way I’m sharing my MOST embarrassing moment. Only Gary and one other person knows about it (Gary, if you can’t remember it I’ll remind you of it later . .. happened about 12 years ago!). But pretty embarrassing was the time I walked down the middle of my high school’s main hall, lost my footing, and fell hard on my butt. Books went flying everywhere!

So I want to know your . . .

Best Personality Trait, Worst Habit, Proudest Personal Moment, & Most Embarrassing Moment

Nothing like sharing your innermost secrets with the world via Cheryl's blog, is there? Tee hee . . can't wait to hear from you all!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I know her most embarrising moment and will sell it to anyone willing to pay! Remember, it'll have to be a LOT because if I sell it, I'll be paying for the rest of my life!

Anonymous said...

Too funny Gary! Hmmm, now "I" want to know.....lol

Anonymous said...

my best personality trait.

i don't know, i'll have to let someone else answer that one. i doubt there is anything good about my personality.

worst habit

i don't believe anybody. if they tell me the glass is half full i have to see for my self.

the day i got married. my wife would probably say it will the day she divorces me.

most embarrasing moment

i don't embarrass easily. cause i've done so many ignorant things. so this is like the first question. someone else will have to tell me what i did and maybe i can remember others and choose one.

bob bob

Anonymous said...

My Best Personality Trait— Winning “Never met a stranger” personality.
HA! Seriously, I love people and hope I show it. I love my family more than I can ever explain in words (Don’t get me started on those 5 grandchildren) and also complete strangers—have been known to embrace complete strangers after talking to them and discovering that we have
much in common. (These are usually people in Dollar General; I meet the neatest people there.) I know that God loves me, and I feel that love so much and I am so grateful for that love and thankful for my
salvation in Christ. As a Christian, I am commanded by the two greatest commandments of Jesus to love people and in Ephesians 2:8,9. Not the way they act at times, but love them because they are made in God’s
image. I fall short of loving, and I pray that I will be more loving. I am thankful I grew up in a loving family where I saw love demonstrated. I feel that I should pass on that love that I experienced. So many
people don’t experience that kind of love that I did, so it is much
harder for them to demonstrate love.. Enough of my philosophying!! One gets way too philosophical as one ages!! I am really not a preacher!! Just a Sunday School teacher!!

Worst Habit—Go on too much as in above!! Because I love perfect
strangers, I talk to them. So talking a lot would be one of my worst habits. Especially talking to my husband when he is trying to read his students’ dissertations or the newspaper. Also, I get so excited, I interrupt people too much, so I must constantly try to listen more.


Proudest Personal Moment—When my two children were born. Next to that would be when I was married. Of course, spiritually would be when I became a Christian and when I witnessed my husband’s conversion and baptism and children’s conversions and baptisms.

Most Embarrassing Moment—I’ve had plenty. One was when I was in high
school doing a high-kick routine as a member of the Rainettes and my long zipper tore open. I had to try to kick while trying to keep my velvet sequinned outfit on. It was very difficult.
Another was when I
burned my first dress in home-economics when I placed it on the stove burner pilot. Another was at a get-together a couple of years ago when I left a plastic platter of food on the stove (with the burner on), and
it melted and made quite a mess and smell.

Cheryl Wray said...

Okay, Bob Bob--you so did NOT do yourself justice. Let's celebrate Bobby instead--LOL!!!
Your best personality trait? Would have to be either your friendliness or your loyalty--and loyalty's the one I'm voting for! You're always there for us!!
Let's see . . .most embarrassing moment? I bet Gary can give you a TON of those!!!!

Cheryl Wray said...

Gary--you bet you'd pay if you told!!
Adrienne--I'll think about it and might have to tell you "in secret" someday (or after I've had a really strong margarita! Ha!)

Unknown said...

Hey Cheryl-
Thanks for visiting my blog! You have a wonderful site! I will take your blog and pass it on to mine in a moment, but I have to say that your proudest moment I would also share. I think it's amazing to bring God's wonderful miracles into the world and I wouldn't be the person I am today w/o my kids!

Nat said...

Hi Cheryl! I always love reading you funny/silly/just-for-fun posts.... some good questions here, I might even dedicate a post to it over on my blog...

Oh and, yes 'wagged' is like 'skipped'... lol... I forget what words are actually 'Aussie slang' and just think everyone uses them! LOL

Nat :)

Phats said...

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

I kept thinking today was Monday, and boy was I tired! :)

Anonymous said...

Amanda--so great to meet you!!!!
Nat--That word just cracked me up!
Phats--Yippee!! Roll Tide (and Go Boilermakers!!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks bunches for including an oldtimer in your group.

Best Personality Trait,
An intense sacrificial love for people. I feel God's expectation
is how much I love others, not how much they love me. I know that
to carry the full context of Christianity in my heart implicates me. The bible
is full of verses about how the world treats those who love like Jesus did.
A new testament concordance keyword search of the word prophets will shock.
Rv 18:20
Rejoice saints … God has judged her for the way she treated you.'" NIV

Worst Habit,
Multitasking as many events into an hour as I can get.
I will NEVER be one to lay in a hammock for hours... Yuck!!!
This may also be you, Cheryl. I doubt if you are a procrastinator.
It's just that your mind keeps a tremendous agenda
because you are so full of life. Don't beat yourself up.

Proudest Personal Moment,
A huge toss-up myriad of events comes to mind. One biggie
was my oldest daughter surprising me by singing Amy Grant's
'Her Father's Eyes' as a solo on a Father's Day at a pentecostal church.

& Most Embarrassing Moment
Many because I live on a precipice but picture this.
Way back just after man invented the stone
wheel (smile) my boss had bought a new innovation... a
personal computer for
the data processing department to experiment with. My
adult life best friend,
Scott discovered Tetris (game) on it. The catch was that you
could press the space bar and a very complex Excel spread
sheet screen would be displayed to hide the game playing from a
suspicious boss. However, if you touched any key, the game
would resume. You guessed it... I was intensely playing the game
when Tom the boss peeped in. He was surprised and probably glad
that I was finally doing something with the new company toy
that was the future. He was extra shocked that I had already
developed a complex spreadsheet while he wasn't looking (what
a plus for the company!).
Scott, David and Ray's (programmers) eyes were fixed on
him coming over and helping me with the spreadsheet and
will always remember his reaction when he pressed a key
to help me with my spreadsheet.

In Christ, Jim

Anonymous said...

gosh these are hard-

Best Personality trait- Hmm.... I guess the ability to make people laugh. I try anyway...

Worst habit- over eating or bad language would be tied. I've given up all the other bad habits over the years but I can't kick these!

Proudest personal moment- I too would ahve to say the birth of my kids. They may not be the best kids in the world but they are the best thing and most important things I have ever had a part in!

Most embarrassing moment- there are so many to choose from! I'd have to say having the boy I had a crush on in 5th grade tell me in front of a big group that I was "fat and ugly and no one would ever love me". Turns out he was gay and later we became very good friends and he insists he didn't say it.