Monday, September 04, 2006




A Photo Recap of the Weekend

Well, I rarely blog late in the evening like this but it's taken awhile to get all the photos I wanted to post today in order. Plus, Labor Day was really quite lazy around here. But, I'm finally here . . .

Great weekend! Lots of football and family craziness! The pics pretty much speak for themselves!

First are some pictures from our Hueytown HS football game on Friday night. We won big--41-13! Nothing like high school football in the south!



McKenna performing in her first official halftime show (all of us musically-deficient adults thought they did great! McK kept saying she was woefully out of step! ha!)


After the game, we went cosmic bowling for our traditional birthday bowling party! If the night taught me anything, it was that my family is crazy!! (But wait, I knew this already!) I think the craziness must have been amplified by the fact that we didn't arrive at the bowling alley until about 11:30 and then didn't leave until after 1 in the morning! Everyone was goofy on lack of sleep!

Gary and Sydney were a team, and she was a HOOT to watch! Whenever the ball would finally make it down the lane (even if it went into the gutter), she'd jump up and down, dance, and give everyone hugs!

I got a haircut Friday morning. Just needed a change, and I'm liking it shorter--



Delaney doing her Spare Dance (btw--there is also a Strike Dance in her repertoire!)


The night quickly descended into goofiness, as the girls decided that they would perform bowling routines before rolling their balls down the lane. The routines included cartwheels, backbends, full dance routines, jumps, and march-ins all the way from the bowling alley doors. Nuttiness! (I do think we entertained everyone around us!LOL )



On Saturday, it was Game Day in Tuscaloosa!!!! Yay!!! We were so excited to head down and see the new renovations on the stadium and to watch our team in action! We knew it would be a tough game against a pass-happy Hawaii and it didn't disappoint! We did some good stuff, we did some bad stuff, but I think we're gonna be okay this year. The best news--we got our first "W" on our schedule!

Some pictures from campus that day--

The first one shows some of the new "plaza" in front of the new grand entrance. There are statues all around it of the national championship-winning coaches and then this really cool statues--their jerseys say number "18" and "72," representing 1872 (the year that the college and football there was founded) and they are pointing to the future championships.



Here is the newly added section. It added like 10,000 seats, to make its capacity over 92,000. It also has two new cool jumbotrons on that end of the stadium.



Then some pics of the band playing, views of the whole stadium, and a little bit of game action.




Well, that's probably enough football for all of you out there. I'll try to avoid the entire topic for the rest of the week, but I can't really promise anything . . . LOL

And by the way--

* Thanks so much, Gary, for telling people that I was 40 and to email me or call me to wish me a happy 40th!! (And shame on you, Ryan, for believing him!!!)

* Thanks, Clara, for my birthday money! I went and used it on a rug today for the den. I'm so excited!!

* Thanks Gary for my ScrapEtc. gift card. I CANNOT wait to go spend it tomorrow!!

* Because this is a late post today, my Random Tuesday stuff will probably be posted later tomorrow too (at least not until noon or so).

Hope all of you had a great LONG weekend (it was nice, wasn't it?). Can't wait to go catch up on everyone's blogs and see how everyone's been!

See ya soon!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Glad you all had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like SO much fun!

Unknown said...

Great Pics! I almost feel like I was there!

Anonymous said...

your dh's comment cracks me up!!!!

I had a fun day shopping and relaxing yesterday...5:30 came way tooooo early this morning!

Work lunch buddies are going to Cheesecake Factory for lunch...so it will be a good day!

Cheryl Wray said...

Yep, Gary, you crack me up!!
Ooh Rhonda, Cheesecake Factory sounds TOO good! Have fun!

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Just love the pics - confirmation on all the fun you guy's had!

Anonymous said...

Wow, awesome pictures indeed! Love them all!