Friday, September 01, 2006

Some Assorted Happenings & Thoughts from My Bday

Let's see . . .

* I LOVE Red Lobster's garlic shrimp scampi . . . and their Strawberry Coladas . . . and their Garlic Cheese Bicuits. Yum!

* If people are honking at you for some seemingly unknown reason, there probably is an actual reason (People were honking at me on the way to taking the girls to school yesterday morning. After confusion--I figured I was either getting on everyone's nerves or had forgotten to replace my gas cap again--I realized that Gary had written on my back windshield, "Honk. It's my birthday.")

* I sure have a lot of sweet people in my life. I got calls all day yesterday from people giving me birthday wishes--Chris, Bobby, Gary, Mom, Lori; and then got 5 cards in the mail yesterday. I love getting cards from my friend Michelle from Hawaii (our family all agrees she gives the best ones) and from my grandmothers.

My two faves--Michelle's was addressed to "Cheryl Wray, Birthday Goddess du Jour" (gotta love that!!!) and the one from my brother was hilarious ("Happy birthday to the best sister one could ask for . . . from someone who really doesn't remember asking for one").
Plus, I got all sorts of great email and blogger wishes! You guys are great!

* Two-year-olds sing the sweetest "Happy birthday" songs in the world. Little Scout sang to me all day long and boy was it super sweet in that little voice of hers!

* Flowers always are a sure bet!

* Ditto on cake from Publix (a crazy concoction of chocolate mousse, hard chocolate shell icing, and strawberries!) . . . and cream-filled cookes from Publix. (Gary came home with both last night, and boy were they delicious! Now another quandary--cake or cookies for breakfast? Perhaps both! LOL)

* Football couldn't have arrived on a better day! (What a nice birthday gift--the first night of college football! I watched South Carolina vs. Mississippi State and, although I sure hated that State lost, it was nice seeing boys in pads back in action!)

* Gary, McKenna, Delaney, and Sydney--I love you!! Thanks for a great day! You guys are so amazing--the absolute best in the world!!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

*kisses* You've still got more coming! Our traditional bowling outing with the girls and my parents want to do dinner for you at there house on Sunday! It goes on and on and on! LOL Happy Bday my cutie...

Linda said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!
Enjoy that cake and eat some for me!! LOL :)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Cheryl, YAY, hope you see many many more.

Anonymous said...

That was TOO funny! LOL

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day! Those flowers are sure pretty!

Anonymous said...

Jeez! You don't look 38 (just a BABY).

Your children are beautiful! My baby just started her freshman year at Alabama. Ask Gary about the helicopter....

Happy Birthday, Cheryl!

Nanci Warner

Cheryl Wray said...

Thanks for the birthday good wishes everyone!
Hey Nanci--how the heck are you? I haven't seen you in ages! Hope everything is going great! (Can't believe your daughter is in college!!!!)

Greta Adams said...

how sweet is that

She-Ra said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE those red lobster biscuits! Pillsbury used to have a reasonable substitute in their frozen biscuits line but I can't find them in any store to save my life. They've been missing for a year or so now so I guess they were discontinued. So sad!

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

You are one lucky lady, blessed with such a stunning family! Sounds like you had a birthday made in heaven and there's more to come - WOW! Have fun!

Levi said...

Happy Birthday!!!

She-Ra said...

An update on those yummy biscuits... I went to my not-the-usual store the other night in search of last minute garlic bread. And what to my wondering eyes should appear but bags of pillsbury cheddar garlic biscuits! Woo Hoo!

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

:-) HI

Cheryl Wray said...

Greta, Ronalyn, Jade, Levi, nmotb--Thanks for the birthday wishes from you guys too!
She-ra--I'm absolutely gonna HAVE to try those frozen garlic biscuits. If they're anything like Red L's, they will be yummy!
NMOTB--Hey again! I haven't blogged today, but have a ton of pics to share in the morning.
See ya!

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday Cheryl!