Greetings from Disney World!
Having a Magical time down in Disney World! We arrived here Saturday around 2 in the afternoon (after leaving Alabama at like 4:30 a.m. Ugh!). Have already enjoyed a fun-filled day (along with some yucky line-standing!) at Magic Kingdom yesterday. Today, we are hanging out at our resort (it is BEAUTIFUL!)--enjoying the pool, the playground, etc. Tomorrow, the girls and I (G will be in business meetings all day!) are going to MGM, which we loved last time!
A few insights, special moments, and things I've learned . . .
* Too many females in this world (big and little) wear midriff-bearing shirts when they should NOT (saw way too many tummies in the park yesterday that I shouldn't be seeing!)
* The Dumbo ride is worth it, even after a 30-minute wait! The one ride Scout had been talking about since we left was the Dumbo ride, then right before we got to the front of the LONG line she almost fell asleep. But, woke up just in time to enjoy it--and all day long she said, "Dumbo was my favrit!"
* I love it that grown men will wear Mickey Mouse ears!
* We knew this already, but staying inside the park at a resort is the way to go! No parking, bus delivery right to the parks' front doors, those cool refillable drink mugs, cool pools . . . it's all good!
* You should definitely try the After Hours specials. We found out that each resort has a night when its visitors can stay late at a park. Last night, we were able to stay at Magic Kingdom until midnight (it usually closes at 9). We were able to just walk right into rides, and went on 5 of them in that time span. It was GREAT!
* It IS a small world after all! Riding through the It's a Small World ride, I thought of my many blogging friends from around the country and the world--from Trinidad, Hawaii, Australia, England, South Africa .... I thought of all of you during that ride!
My dh, Gary, has some good photos on his blog. So, check them out if you want a taste of what we've been doing. I have a lot of other really good photos, and will try and upload some tonight or tomorrow.
Have a Magical day yourself!!! See ya soon!!