I'm Scrap-Happy (& Other Stuff)
Well, I did this layout last night and sometimes something just comes together and turns out just right. And what's funny is I didn't have a plan for it; I just knew I wanted to use that fun flower-shaped paper and those three pictures. But how was it going to work? I just started laying stuff down and trying different things and pretty soon--like in 10 minutes--there it was! And I LOVE it just so much! (Hey, isn't that a little bit like life? . . .When we don't have a big plan with a capital P, those times often turn out to be the sweetest?)
Something else I love about this layout--I kept experimenting with some flowers and rhinestones I have and they just weren't working. But then I went and stole from McKenna's stash and got those flowers and brads; isn't it great that I can steal from my 14-y-o daughter's supplies?!
And what about those photos? I just love them! They take me back to that wonderful vacation and that beautiful night on the riverboat in Savannah!
Something else that's making me Scrap-Happy right now (I really like that word, by the way!) is that they've added me to the list of Designers at the store I'm going to help out with. Go HERE and then click on "Designers" and you'll see little ole me. Yay!
(By the way, I did another layout last night that I also really love--it's a page that includes my mom's memories of her wedding day--but I didn't get it scanned yet. I may try and add it here sometime today.)
Also going on . . .
* Delaney is TOO excited because she is wearing pajamas to school today! How fun is that? Her school reached a big PTA membership goal, so everyone--including the principal--gets to wear pjs to school. Like she said this morning when I woke her up to get ready, "I'm already ready!" (yep, she wore the ones she slept in!)
* I am working on re-doing both Delaney and Sydney's room. Delaney is having me paint her walls hot pink and lime green (and, yes, OF COURSE I will put pics on here when it's done), but Sydney also benefits because she got Delaney's old bunk bed with a slide on it. Anyway . . . yesterday was the first day with the new bed on it and right above her bed are the letters S Y D N E Y in blocks on her wall. I walked into her room yesterday and it said N Y D S E Y. She had gone in there and changed the letters around. I did a double take and just laughed. It was so funny!
* Isn't it awesome when God just reveals Himself to you? I loved my DH's post yesterday on his BLOG. (The one entitled "You Have Not Because you Ask Not.") By the way, today is also his 100th post--and it's a pretty amazing post too! I am blessed beyond measure with G as my sweet hubby! (Yes, we are one of those bizarre husband-wife blogging families!)
* Did I tell you already that it's Iron Bowl week in Alabama? ROLL TIDE!!!
* One of my favorite things to do as a family, but that we don't do too often, is have Game Night. Last night we played Gin Rummy and had so much fun. (Delaney said she was bored--this is what happens when you stop having softball practice and all she has to do is do homework! lol--so we decided to play some games). And, yes, I came back from three games back and WON! (Isn't it bad that I gloat on my blog about winning at family game night? I'm VERY competitive, if you haven' t guessed by now!)
* Amanda just made my day yesterday, when she commented on my post that she was a "Life with Cheryl Nerd." So sweet! (And if you haven't read yesterday's posts or read the comments, some of them are just priceless so you might want to check them out!)
* Who else is ready for some Thanksgiving food?
My grandmother will be coming to my parents' from Texas, and she is hands-down the BEST cook on the planet! (Well, Gary's Gan Gan does make the BEST dressing in the world!). I cannot wait for some of that good food!
(by the way, I've got some cool Thankgiving ideas for blog entries next week!)
Hope all of you have a wonderful Wednesday today! Make sure that it is Scrap-Happy, or Hubby-Happy, or Chocolate-Happy, or Book-Happy, or Coffee-Happy, or Friend-Happy, or God-Happy, or something!!!