I found this cute little tag on several blogs, so I thought it would be a fun Random Tuesday post for this week. These were just the first things that came into my mind as I read each of these fill-in-the-blank statements.
1. I am ____ (obsessed with blogging, which is why I’m up at writing this right now.)
2. ____ knows me best (My hubby).
3. I feel ____ (excited about the holidays coming up.)
4. The most important thing in my life is _____ (faith.)
5. I always carry ____ (my purse, and usually a camera.)
6. I think ____ (that sometimes I think too much!)
7. I’m at my happiest when ___ (I am laughing.)
8. On a Monday morning, you can find me ___ (dressed in my pajamas, either sitting at the computer or getting caught up on doing laundry)
9. My favorite food ingredient is ___ (sugar or chocolate or anything else that makes something sweet for me to eat!)
10. My eyes ___ (are very blue . . . and threatening to close in sleep right now)
11. My favorite material possession is ____ (my books or scrapbooks)
12.. To relax, I like to ___ (take a long, hot bath)
13. The town I live in is ___ (filled with people who know everyone else’s business)
14. My worst habit is ___ (procrastination)
15. My guilty pleasure is ___ (reading cozy mystery novels while eating chocolate, in front of the fireplace . . . Hey Gary, light me a fire!)
16. When I look at someone, the first thing I see is ___ (whether they are smiling or not)
17. I wish____ (time didn’t go by so quickly.)
18. I could live without ___ (mayonnaise, soccer, or MTV)
19. I wish I had ___ (more time to spend everyday with my family--and more money left over every month in our bank account.)
20. My life is ___ (very busy and sometime stressful, but always filled with joy.)
Send in your answers to this fun little quiz, or post it on your blog (just let all of us know about it, so we can go read it!). As always, it's a cool way to get to know each other a little bit better (or perhaps learn a little TOO much about each other; LOL!)
We all know that Thanksgiving is a mere two days away and that means that I will soon have a ton MORE photos of friends, family gatherings, food--and everything else that goes with the fun of this holiday! All this means that I really need to get caught up with my photo organization and scrapbook pages. And I'm just about to where I want to be! Last night, I did this 2-page layout of our beach vacation to Tybee Island, Georgia, this past summer. I picked my favorite pictures from the trip and did just these two pages (in years past, I would have been obsessed with scrapping every single picture, but I am much better now! lol)
Just looking at these pages makes me wish it was about 90 degrees right now and that I was heading to somewhere sunny and sandy and Margaritaville-like. How nice!
Now, how much easier could this next page be? Just a few pieces of patterned paper and some cut-out letters--that's it! And oh yes--my VERY favorite picture from Halloween this year. Sydney as our little Pirate. It's gotta be cute with that pic on the page! (I did get a kick out of trying to figure out the proper pirate lingo to put on the page. McKenna, Delaney, and I spent a while trying to figure out if it's just "Arrr" or "Argh" or what. I finally went with "Aarg," but I'm still not sure if that's even close to right! LOL)
And I did this next layout over the past weekend and was SO excited to do it! I don't know about you, but I don't know enough of the stories in my own families (and we are actually a family of writers and storytellers, so you'd think I'd have a lot of this stuff written down). I wanted to do a page to go along with these two wedding pictures I had of my Mom and Dad, but I wanted to know the story behind them. So, I asked Mom to just email me any of her wedding day memories and I got this incredibly long email back from her filled with the coolest memories (of who was in her wedding party, who made her dress, who they first told they were getting married, and so forth). I really treasure this!
With Thanksgiving just a few days away, you may have the opportunity to see family members that you don't see very often. What if you took this time as a chance to get some stories from your parents or grandparents or cousins, or to "interview" them about something in their past? Years from now, it would be so great to have a record of some of these memories and stories!
Well . . .
* I finished one of the three articles I have due by Wednesday night. That's good . . .
* Gary and I are hoping to do some Christmas shopping together today. That's even better . . .
* I'm looking forward to cooking some this afternoon and tomorrow. (I will post some promised recipes.) That's just plain delicious . . .
* Don't forget to post some of your Random Tuesday thoughts. That should be fun . . .
(And for two new Thankful items to put into our family's Thanksgiving basket--
11. I'm thankful for chocolate.
12. I'm thankful for my computer.)