Update & To-Do List
Let's see . . . some of the highlights from our household this past weekend--
* The HHS football team won a spot as host for the first round of the state playoffs. (This is McKenna's high school team.) They will host Huntsville HS this Friday. Yay and Go Golden Gophers!! (yes, I kid you not--that is their school mascot!)
* Delaney broke her finger playing softball. While pitching, a line drive shot at her so hard that it ripped the glove off her hand and broke her middle finger! Yikes! (But she went on and played the rest of the weekend! Go to Gary's Saturday post for his good play-by-play of that!)
* McKenna and I went to the Alabama game and watched them get beat by 2-7 Mississippi State (and that's all I'm saying about that!!!)
* Sydney hung out with her Grandma, Grandad, Uncle Christopher, and cousins Matthew and Garrett while we went to the game (and, boy, you never know what you will learn with little boys. She learned the word "testicle" on Saturday! HA!).
* Hung out at the softball tournament on Sunday afternoon and enjoyed that!
* Delaney went to practice at church for their Christmas play (yes--in case we didn't need another reminder--Christmas is getting closer and closer. Their play is on Dec. 10, just a month away!)
* Bought Sydney two new pair of shoes (have to realize that I spent 20 minutes before church Sunday morning looking for any TWO shoes and never could find any. So we went to church just wearing socks! I must be the worst mommy in the world!). But all was right with the world when she got a pair of Dora tennis shoes Sunday afternoon. She loves them!
And now for this week, I have a little bit of a To-Do list. On my list:
1. Write and turn in two articles.
2. Clear out Delaney's room so I can paint it (the cans of paint have been sitting there for TWO months and I have got to get it done before she kills me!)
3. NOT listen to a single radio sports show this entire week! (I'm swearing them off after the Bama debacle, even though McKenna says there's no way I can keep away! Even though I'm as rabid a Bama fan as they come, I cannot listen to the idgets that call in!)
4. Vote on Tuesday.
5. REJOICE when I can no longer watch or hear any more political ads on tv or the radio.
6. Finish some scrapbook pages from summer vacation and McKenna's D.C. trip (I know, I know . . it's already November, which means I'm way behind!)
7. Go to a could-be-exciting meeting at a local scrapbook store.
8. Bake some yummy Fall treats (the cool weather's making me want gingerbread and chili!).
9. Watch "Heroes."
10. Watch "Lost."
11. Find a night or two and NOT fall asleep before Gary gets to bed.
12. Mail New Mom's Disney World pressie to her (nope, I haven't done it yet . . but this week, I promise!)
13. Clean out closets and locate all my winter clothes.
14. Go to Delaney's Fifth Grade Scholars ceremony on Thursday.
Just a few of the things I'm planning on doing this week. It will be a busy one for all of us!
How did your weekend go? What do you have planned for the upcoming week?
(Sorry I don't have pics today. I really didn't get the camera out very much over the weekend--the only pics I really took were just a few cute ones of Sydney at the ballpark, and I didn't download them this morning. But I'm sure there will be plenty by week's end!)