Just For Fun . . .
(Some Seriously Random, But Fun Get-to-Know Me questions this Tuesday)
Those of you who are pretty regular readers of my blog know that every Tuesday is "Random Tuesday." I like to pose some questions and answer them, or post some interesting facts about myself, and then challenge you all to do the same . . . all in the name of getting to know each other a little bit better out where in Blogville.
Today's post is true to the name--these are just really RANDOM questions! I decided to simply ask myself a couple of really random questions that I've found at different blogs out there. Enjoy my answers, share with me if you have similar feelings, and if you so desire please post your answers to my questions (or link us to your blog where you've taken my questions and ran with them!).
1. Your house is on fire, the people and pets you love are safe and you can grab one other "thing", what are you taking? I'm grabbing every photograph and scrapbook that I can find (and maybe the computer disks with the pictures on them too!). Pictures are absolutely priceless! (Of course, I'd also miss the close to a thousand books that are sitting on various bookshelves and tables throughout my house!)
2. Who have people said that you look like? Back in the late 80s (when I was in college--sheesh, that's hard to believe!), my friends said I looked like Glenn Close. Of course, this was during the "Fatal Attraction" era, so I'm not really sure if that's a good thing. Gary says I look like Sarah Jessica Parker, but I think he's blinded by love (or by the image of SJP in a really short "Sex and the City" miniskirt!).
3. What is your earliest, strongest Thanksgiving memory? I will absolutely never forget the Thanksgiving when I must have been ten or eleven (Mom, correct me if I'm wrong!) when we traveled out to visit my second or third cousins on my dad's side of the family. They lived in this beautiful big house up on a hill in the country (this was in the Ozarks in northwest Arkansas) and it actually snowed a huge snowfall! It's the only White Thanksgiving I can remember--and I remember it being just gorgeous!
4. What’s the last thing that made you laugh so hard that you were crying (or spitting things out of your nose)? Okay, this is a tie--The first was Saturday when my nephews Matthew and Garrett were in the hot tub with my mother and Sydney; whenever they're in the hot tub, they play charades for some reason. Anyway, the topic among them soon became body parts and Garrett started talking about testicles. Matthew, who is 7 and a year older than Garrett, just said with a straight face, "Garrett talks about them a lot!" We were all laughing so hard that we were crying!
Tied with that is me finding on youtube the Thanksgiving episode of "WKRP in Cincinnati" about the "flying" turkeys. Who remembers that episode? That is the classic episode from a hilarious television show. I remember laughing so hard that my side hurt when it first came out .. . and laughing the same way every time I've seen it since. Gary emailed it to me not long ago and I enjoyed it all over again; I was actually snorting at it! (In case you want to see it, go HERE.)
5. You have $100 to spend in the next hour. How are you spending it? (Saving it or giving it away not permitted.) Gee, there's a lot of "fun" stuff I'd love to spend $100 on--and let me tell you, it would go fast!! But I think I would take that $100 and go out on a really nice date with Gary. I'd go to a really nice restaurant and pull out all the stops--appetizer, elegant entree, wine, great dessert.
Give me your answers to those questions. I can't wait to hear from you!
Hoping you all have a great day! (I had a FANTASTIC day yesterday--I just feel motivated and encouraged and creative and inspired, because of several things that I will share with you tomorrow probably. It was also a beautiful 68 degrees today, which just really made me feel uplifted! Of course, it began to rain last night and is supposed to all day today--which is another story! But . . . the week is shaping into a good one, which is always a good thing!)
(I am having serious photo withdrawal! I'm a Photo Addict, as most of you know by now, so it's killing me that I don't have any pictures to post on yet again today. I'm sorry . . . Tomorrow, though, is another day and I will have some for you all then!)
Until then . . . go forth and have fun!