Fun Creations, Some Assorted Stuff,
& an Impossible Question
Back on Tuesday, I'd said that I'd had plans for doing a scrapbook page based on my Random Tuesday Christmas "Get to Know You" quiz that day. Well . . . life got in the way and I didn't do it then. But, yesterday, I got INSPIRED and did a page that I really love! What I love about this page is that it takes my two current addictions--scrapbooking and blogging--and brings them together! I used my blog post as my journaling (in fact, I've been thinking that a really cool mini-album would be a collection of pages done on my favorite Random Tuesdays from the past year. How fun would it be to be able to go back years from now and read about the things I liked and was thinking about back in 2006?)
Here is the page I did on my Christmas favorites (you can find the list back on this past Tuesday's post). You actually lift up the flap and the rest of my answers are under it. I also love the photo of our Christmas tree that I used here! And the papers and stickers are fun too! Just makes me happy all-around!
While I was at it, I did two other pages as well. The first one is for a gift album I'm making for a someone who will go unnamed. The girls over the years--back in 1998 (look at M and D!) and then in 2006.
And then here's a page I did with three pictures from our trip to the Pumpkin Patch back in October--"Falling for Fall." Really love the paper and embellishments on this page--the kinda rustic-y feel it has. (That was a good day!)
Some other stuff going on . . .
* I now have five presents under the Christmas tree labeled for such people as "Sweet Momma," "DH," and "Hotty." (G and I are goofy--we have this fun tradition of labeling our gifts to each other with silly, sweet, and sexy endearments!) I LOVE lying underneat the tree and shaking my gifts. I have to do it almost every night until Christmas gets here. I can't figure out what any of the gifts are--probably because G has them totally disguised. But I'm hoping that there might be jewels, scrapbook stuff, books, and girly-smelly-stuff in some of them! Fun, fun . . .
* Tonight, McKenna is going to the HHS Football Banquet with one of her best friends, Raymond. He is such a cool guy and I'm really glad that they're going together. (McKenna can't officially "date" until she's 16, so these sorts of things are the closest she gets!). She has the prettiest dress to wear (I'm sure there will be pictures on Monday! Of course . . .) and Raymond even told me the other night at church that he has a special gift to give her tonight. Oh, to be young again!
* We always make a homemade Christmas tree ornament that we give to all of our various relatives that we see at different family gatherings (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) and I'm drawing an absolute blank on what to make this year. Any suggestions from you guys would really be appreciated! So if you have any fun (and easy!) handmade ornament ideasIsomething not too expensive or time-intensive, that a 2 year old, 1o year old, and 14 year old would all enjoy making), send them along!
* Okay, how about an Impossible Question for this Friday? As is the custom every Friday, post your guesses and as soon as a correct one is given I'll update my blog with the answer. Give it a go, and Good Luck! The question is . . .
The average household has 15 of these. What are they?
Edited to Add:
Well, everyone seems to be having a hard time with my Impossible Question today since there have been NO correct guesses yet. LOL So, to help you out here are a few hints:
-- Although it's not specifically a Christmas item, it is used during the holidays (especially by women)
-- It involves food.
Also: Scout helped me choose the new song I just put on my little video screen. I gave her several options and she chose that one. "Dats from Cars," she said. Good choice, S!
Edited Once More:
We FINALLY have a winner! LOL My friend, Bobby Hall, popped in with the correct answer-COOKBOOKS. It was obviously a very difficult question, so I wondered how Bobby guessed the right thing. He said: "Believe it or not, Julie and I were sitting in the kitchen this morning talking about what she was going to get my mother as one of her Christmas gifts and she said a cookbook. I laughed and looked at our bakers rack with about 25 cookbooks on it and ask why so many books were needed. Perfect timing for the question." Good job, Bobby!!! (Now all of you can stop racking your brains and getting frustrated at me for not giving you the answer!)
* Looking forward to the Community Children's Christmas Party at our church tomorrow. We do this for around 80 or more "needy" kids in our town. We do a chili lunch, sing Christmas songs and have other Christmas activities, and give each of them several gifts. They also get to visit our church's food pantry and clothes closet. And the big event? Santa Claus shows up! (And my good friend, Ryan, is Santa and does a GREAT job!) So that will be a VERY GOOD thing to be involved with tomorrow!!
See you on Monday, when I'll have updates and certainly some pictures. Hope you all have an awesome weekend. Shop till you drop, enjoy your friends and family, watch some sports (Bama basketball will be on Sat. night!), and, darn it, if you're not in the Christmas spirit yet--get into it already!
Hugs . . .