I Hate it When my Internet is Down . .
(And also some random updates and some INSPIRATION)
I was unable to get online at all yesterday (I have digital internet--and wireless, by the way--which I absolutely love!! but our service provider goes all AWOL on us sometimes, which is very irritating), and to even put a post on I had to go use my friend Carol's computer. I got up again this morning, assuming that it would be up-and-running. But no! I didn't have any Internet access until about 3 this afternoon. That explains, then, why I didn't have a post today or haven't visited any of your blogs. Please accept my apologies!
I did want to mention a few things though going on right now . . .
* First off, a shout-out to Gareth who was so sweet on his blog the other day in referring to my Photo Year in Review post from Wednesday.
* Plans for this weekend? A sleepover get-together with my daughters tonight, so lots of pizza, giggling, and movie watching (I'm guessing that will be the plan!). Delaney had to share her new room with someone!
* Don't you hate it when you try and bake something and it ends up just suck-ing?? I pride myself on being a pretty good cook and I especially love to bake. Well, I decided to try a Pineapple Bread Pudding the other day (I love bread pudding and had never baked one). Well, it stunk it up. It was bad!! So, I'm chalking that up as a disappointment and making some banana pudding tonight instead! (Man, I HATE throwing out a whole batch of anything!)
* My girls got very excited about "American Idol" this past week, but I just can't watch it yet! I really get into it when it gets down to the Final 12, but I just can't watch the trainwreck that is the first several weeks. Even though there's one or two good singers mixed in there, there's too many bad ones!! I have a weird tendency to get embarrassed for people I don't even know (I even get embarrassed for fictional characters on sitcoms! lol)
* Already getting worked up about "Heroes" on Monday. Hooray!
* Several of you checked out Delaney's softball performance on my hubby's blog, but some of the rest of you might want to check it out too (since
*Gary and I are going out by ourselves to dinner tomorrow night. A date!
*For those of you wandering in here from the Scrapbook Mania blog to learn more about my journaling class, continue down to the next post.
Thought I'd close with this AWESOME quote that I just discovered. (I LOVE finding inspiring quotes, and was already so pleased that so many of you liked the one I shared with you several days ago.) This one's from the amazing Mother Teresa.
"Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it."
Now, how about that for some inspiration? WOW
Have a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful weekend! (And I will be trying to get back onto your blogs tonight and tomorrow, so I'll get there I promise!)(And, Oh My Gosh . . . I am so IN LOVE with the song I've got playing here right now! It may be on here for a while, because I don't see myself getting tired of it!)