(Edited on early Wednesday morning: Yesterday, Blogger was giving me fits. And from a couple of comments from a few of you, I think it must have been giving a lot of you fits too. So... I'm not putting an entire post out here this morning, but am leaving this fun "Let's get to know each other" meme to give some more people a chance to answer and participate on their own blog. So, if you didn't make it by yesterday just continue reading below! Ciao!)
But first, I gotta make a quick little (but very LOUD) comment about last night's BCS championship game-HOW ABOUT THE SEC??
As a Bama fan and someone who lives week-in and week-out during football season with the dominating defenses and tough-as-nails competition in the Southeastern Conference, I was BEYOND THRILLED to see Florida win the national championship and see the SEC look so awesome!! Very few people predicted that win (and the way they just embarrased Ohio State), but I (and a lot of us down South) predicted it easy! We kept looking at each other during the game and laughing, "There's that Heisman Trophy winning quarterback" (as he repeatedly got sacked and had trouble even passing the ball!) and yelling, "Go Gators! Who respects the SEC now?" Hee hee . . . you guys all know how much I love sports so it was a fun evening!
Also accomplished from my "To Do" list yesterday: I finished the two hot pink walls in Delaney's room and and today will do the two lime green ones; took down all my Christmas decorations except for the tree and my nutcracker collection (I've decided the snowmen will stay up during the winter months; I just love them too much!); and I sent feelers out to to two editors about assignments (will do more today!).
And now, for my regularly-scheduled Random Tuesday post . . . I found several different versions of this meme on different blogs and thought it was great for the beginning of the new year! As is the regular custom on Tuesdays here (for you regulars, and for those of you who are new since last Tuesday!), post in my comment section some or all of your answers if you're so inclined, or post that you've done in the list on your own blog. Or just read my answers for your own enjoyment!
Here you go . . .
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
* Blogged * Rode a mechanical bull * Ate from a chocolate fountain * Took my daughter to her first day of high school
2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
3. Did anyone close to you die?
Papa Doug (
4. What countries did you visit?
None, which really stinks.
5. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
More hours in the day ; More money at the end of the month
6. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
A few that stand out— The weekend around May 27 (our anniversary), we spent it at the nicest little bed& breakfast lodge in Mentone and enjoyed the beautiful DeSoto Falls; also the day Delaney won her first 1st place trophy in a tournament; the night Taylor Hicks won American Idol (hometown boy!); the days in Savannah and Tybee; New Year’s Day in the mountains; Homecoming Day at Bama; the day in Magic Kingdom at Disney World; many, many memorable days!
7. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope, unless you count a broken toe
8. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Scout learning to go to the potty; McKenna’s stand on issues that made me so proud (realizing that the things I’d tried to teach her since infancy were actually making a difference in the way she lives!)
9. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My own sometimes—losing my patience with the kids (the day I got so angry at Scout after she spilled blue paint all over my dining room floor really stands out; ugh!!)
10. Where did most of your money go?
Just regular ole living expenses (and things for the kids)
11. What did you get really, really excited about?
Sports, srapbooking, traveling, and my family
12. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, About the same, Poorer
13. What was your favorite TV program?
“Lost” and “Heroes”
14. What was the best book you read?
Two really stood out—I absolutely LOVED “The Kite Runner” by Khaled Hosseini and “The Mermaid Chair” by Sue Monk Kidd. Also loved the Joan Hess mysteries I went on a binge with one month!
15. Is there someone or something you missed this past year?
I wish I could see my friend Angela more often, and I sure missed a winning season by Bama (but next year it’s coming baby and BIG!)
16. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 38 (still 2 to go until 40!) and we had several family celebrations—with my parents and with
17. What kept you sane?
Long hot baths, good sports to watch,
18. What is one new thing you’d like to accomplish this coming Year?
Send out a book proposal for a nonfiction idea I have, substantially work on my mystery novel, and—in a more general way—experience life with more JOY every day!!
19. If you could do ONE thing this New Year and NOT get chastised by, or for it, what would you do?
Just get up one warm, summer morning, get in the car, and just drive to some unknown destination all by myself—no kids, no worries, just me and the open road! (Also -- Eat Krispy Kreme donuts every morning for breakfast!)
20. If you could really, and actually, meet one blogger in 2007, who would you want to meet?
How can I choose? I’d love to meet every one of you!!
Send in your own answers. And to all of you--have a fantastic day!!!!(Edited also: Yesterday I got to read some fantastic answers on some other blogs that people linked to me. SO cool to read more about each of you. For example: check out Amanda, Jessi, and Andi.
And hey--if you've never tried French Vanilla Cool Whip, go try it today! Tried it tonight and Yummy is all I have to say! )