Since I Talked With you Last . . .
Well, since I last "talked" with you early Friday morning on my post, we had a really busy weekend--but it was a "good" busy filled with stuff I actually wanted to do (you know, as opposed to "bad" busy when you just have so much to do, but still don't feel like you actually accomplished anything or didn't enjoy any of the activities).
Since my last post, I did a lot of things I really wanted to do . . .
* Had a wonderful lunch on Friday with the entire family at Olive Garden. The girls start school Monday, so Friday was our last hurrah and we wanted to do something together as a family. No better family activity than eating at Olive Garden (McKenna and Delaney's favorite restaurant). My parents had given us an Olive Garden gift card as one of our Christmas gifts, so we took advantage of that and had a great time! Salad, breadsticks, olive oil and parmesan, spaghetti, pasta formaggio, and seafood alfredo later, we were a very happy (and overly stuffed) group!
* Enjoyed some margaritas and enchiladas with friends at Habaneros. (Gary had already escaped to the woods to go hunting, but I jumped at the chance to chill out a little while with friends. Nice!)
* Watched some Alabama basketball. (Had been looking forward to watching our opening SEC game against Arkansas for the last week and then what do we do? Start the game off behind 20-2 and then ultimately losing by almost 30 points. I was NOT a happy camper! And you have to realize that we were ranked #8 at the time. Not any more, I'd guess!)
* Organized my scrapbooks! I had all of the layouts I'd done since the beginning of this past summer in stacks either on my floor or on top of my scrapbook desk, so getting them in order and putting them in two different albums (one for Summer and one for Fall) was a BIG deal. I also made "title page" layouts for each of the albums. It was fun doing a little bit of creating, although as not as much as I'd have liked!
* Got to wander around the upstairs warehouse craziness at Hobby Lobby. I'm hosting a Scrapbook Extravaganza at our church as a fundraising effort for McKenna's (and five other teenagers') trip to Europe this next summer (I will definitely tell all of you more about this later in the week, because I'm SO excited about it.) and the nicest manager over at HL let me go through her clearance scrapbooking inventory to buy stuff at 80% off or more (I will use most of it as door prizes at the event). I got almost $40 worth of paper for like $8. It was the coolest!
* Watched some Dallas football. (Again, my sports teams totally disappointed me this weekend, though, and my Boys lost as well! It was a CRAZY game--really pretty good if I don't think too much about losing it--and Dallas lost 21-20 to Seattle.)
* Hung out with some cool teenagers! McKenna's friends Raymond and Daniel came over to watch the Dallas game with us, after I took the three of them to a youth rally and they decided they'd rather watch football at home with me. We ate pizza, cheered like idiots, and just had fun like you're supposed to when you're 14 and 15. (And I just love it when McKenna's friends enjoy being at our house! I've always told myself that this is how I want it to be; if she's at my house with friends, she's not out somewhere getting into trouble.)
* Bought a brand-new scrapbooking magazine. (How can a $6 magazine make me so happy? I don't know, but it does!)
* Went to church. Had a really nice day at church (even though it was raining cats-and-dogs as we headed up there Sunday morning). It was communion Sunday, which always is a big lift to me! And I had two specific episodes--one that morning and then one later that evening--that really made me stop and consider how very blessed I am. Both times reminded me to reflect upon how much I really do have and to not dwell on the negatives (because the negatives are usually actually really small and not worth dwelling on in the first place).
* Had some outstanding food. I finished off the weekend with a piece of scrumpt-delicious coconut cake and some fresh blueberry pie. (Those of you who are my regular blog readers know how happy food makes me!!! LOL)
Now that my weekend is over with, I'm sitting here on the computer hoping that there first morning of school goes smoothly. The girls have to get up for school (and, believe me, that's no easy feat when we've been staying up until midnight and sleeping until 9:30), so I'm hoping we make it!
And, now that I got to do all of that fun stuff the last two and a half days, I have a rude awakening this coming week. I have three MAJOR things that I've got to get done. These are not the fun, yippee-I'm-so-excited tasks, but are the now-the-kids-are-back-in-school
-and-I-need-to-get-my-butt-in-gear tasks! This week, I've got to . . .
* Paint Delaney's room! I got started two days before Christmas but have done nothing since! I have one and a half of a wall done in the hot pink, but gotta do a second coat on that and then paint the other two walls lime green. Too much to get done, but I gotta get it done! Delaney may ask to be adopted by someone else if I don't get it done for her soon. (It's definitely a This Week orElse Project!)
* Take down my Christmas decorations!! Yep, my artificial tree is still up--as are my nutcrackers, stockings, and nativity sets. I usually give myself until the Sunday after Christmas (which is called Epiphany and is the last official day of the Christmas season), but as you can see today is the Monday after and it's still not done. Another Has to Get Done Project!
* Set up some writing assignments! The Christmas holidays got me way behind in my writing, but I've got to generate some work. So a lot of Monday will be spent sending some ideas out to editors and trying to get some assignments (in between painting and taking down decorations!)
Thought I'd leave you with just a few fun pictures from this weekend . . . (These are all from Sat night watching the Dallas game).
Scout posing for the camera . ..
McKenna and Raymond acting goofy . . .
Me acting goofy . . . Actually, I was quite ecstatic at the time because Dallas was winning! Delaney caught me with the camera jumping up and down and cheering for the Cowboys. (Thank goodness she didn't get a picture of me doing my cheerleading jumps!! LOL This one's bad enough, but that would have been a serious blackmail picture!)
(You know how much I love all of you, right? Who else would I share such a seriously silly picture of myself with!? heehee .. .)
I hope that all you had productive and fun weekends like mine, and that you're getting geared up for a great week! Talk to ya again soon!!