Wednesday, February 07, 2007

"It's Hump Day... and, Boy, Does it Feel Like it!!"

I really feel like Crap-ola today!! I think my head is so full of gunk that I could start a Snot Factory!! (This weather is about to kill me--freezing cold in the morning and then up to about 55 degrees in the afternoon! It drives my nasal thingies crazy!!) And crampy stomach on top of it, and I really feel physically yucky!

Mentally, I am excited and ready to tackle all sorts of things. Just gotta get my body to cooperate!

I've got a TON of stuff to get done for the Scrapbooking Extravaganza we're having at our church on Saturday. This is all benefiting the Student Leadership University trip that McKenna and four others in the youth group are going on this summer (they are going to London, Paris, will be on the beaches of Normandy on D-Day!) and it costs an Official Arm and a Leg to go! We're hoping that the scrapbook event will raise at least a couple of hundred dollars for each kid!

If you are anywhere near me (like in Alabama), you should seriously consider coming! We are going to have SO much FUN!! I have a lady doing a session on Basic Scrapbook Design; I'm doing an All About Me Page session; and the FANTABULOUS Adrienne Nixon is doing the cutest mini tag album! Plus--open crop time all day long (from 10 am to 10 pm), lunch and supper, snacks all day long, layout contest, on-site "store"; and door prizes at every hour!!! It's really going to be FUN; now I just hope the people show up for it!

So, today I have to-- get door prizes together, work on a few projects I'm going to have for sale, get our registration list together, stuff like that.

Seriously... let me know if you want to come and I'll get you signed up! (oh, it's just $30!!)

Also, in Scrapbooking News (lol), last night I did a "Things I Love" mini album class at Scrapbook Mania. How FUN was that? The gals were so creative!! Here is a glimpse of the albums they made . . .




And some cookies I made for everyone (hey, if I'm around, there WILL be snacks!! LOL) . . .


Next Tuesday night I am teaching a Heidi Swapp calendar class. It's going to really be cool. If you're near by and think you'd like to come to it, let me know!

Now, totally switching gears...

Who in the heck is ready for this??????




"Lost" is BACK!!! And, can you tell, I'm just a tad-bit EXCITED?!!! I CANNOT WAIT to find out what happens, and I've heard we'll be going back to the beach and focus some more on some of the characters we haven't seen in the last several episodes. (Sayid!!) And now we will have 16 straight episodes to watch! Yay!!

Are any of you like me right now--all a-tingle just waiting for 9 oclock tonight? LOL

Off to take a hot bath... hoping that makes me feel a little bit more "alive"!

Happy Hump Day! See ya tomorrow!!

19 comments:

Unknown said...

okay...so I apparently didn't learn from yesterday...haven't had breakie and those cookies look soooooooooooooooooo good!!! how about a little care package this-a-way!!! LOL!!! Good luck with your scraping event...I really hope you raise the funds you want for those lucky, lucky girls!!! If I was closer...I would so be coming...but, alas, alabama is a little far away for a roadtrip!!!
Have fun watching Lost...I "lost" interest in it the second season cause they kept putting repeats on and than they would change the time and night...so I misssed sooooooooo much!!! anyway, have fun and ciao for now

~Telah said...

I wish we were able to come down on Saturday...that would have been fun. Hey, what time is the class next week? I'll see what I can do.

aimee said...

Yay for Lost returning! I need to watch the catch up show so I can remember what all went on!

Sorry you feel bad. Here's hoping you feel better!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE Lost, and I love the things you did for your class. Very cute.

Susie Q said...

You feel better okay?
Your mint albums are waaaay cute and those treats look sooooo gooood.
How I wish I could come to the event. I don't think I could make it home for Grace's bedtime though. Unless the Concord was still flying and let me use it for the evening! *laugh*
Have fun with your favorite show! Get *Lost* in it...okay, bad pun I know...: )

Love and hugs,
Sue

Adrienne said...

Hope you feel better and I am SOOOOO excited abotu LOST! CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!

Cheryl Wray said...

Okay, i think all of you just need to get on that Concord and fly all the way down to Alabama!!! LOL!!!

Jessi--I am a sucker for anything sweet, as you can apparently tell! We would have SO much fun eatig together! LOL I'm really excited about "Lost" again and now it's set for 16 episodes wth no change of time!

Telah--I wish you guys could come down! We do need to plan a scrapping getaway sometime--maybe this summer! My Calendar class is this next Tuesday night at 6! I'll have to let you know a schedule for allof my upcoming classes!

Aimee--If you go to abc.com, they have a really great video that gives you an entire recap of the show so far!

Marcy--I love it SO much too!! Thanks!

Susie--Even a bad pun is funny!! LOL too bad you can't just whiz on down here!! lol

Adrienne-Oh YEAh!! i'm ready for it to come on right now!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I keep reading about the Scrapbooking Extravaganza at your church...which one? Is it open to non-members??? What is the event??? Inquiring minds want to know...

Anonymous said...

Awww, I really, REALLY, wish I could make it to all of those fabulous classes! ;)
I hope you feel better SOOOON!!!! :)

Cheryl Wray said...

Hey Julia--
I was going to try and email you, but i can't link on to you from here!
anyway .. . yes, it's absolutely open to non-members. Anyone can come! It's at First United Methodist Church in Hueytown. It's from 10 a.m until 10 p.m. this Sat (Feb. 10) and is jut $30--and ALL the proceeds are going to the SLU group some of our youth are going on! Crop all day long, lunch, supper, snacks, door prizes, etc.--FUN!! We'd love for you to come? Where are you located?
Email me at cherylwrit@aol.com if you need more info!

Andy said...

love the love albums. want a chocolate cookie and can't wait for "lost" tonight. i can't believe it's here already.

Charin Adams said...

Hi, Cheryl! Thanks for looking at my blog :)
I feel your pain about being sick, I have the same crud right now. Feel better!

Misty Posey said...

Hey Cheryl, why didn't I think to take a picture of all the girls canvases in my class? What a dork I am. Those are so cute, looked like a fun class. I'll see you a Maniac Madness, right?

savvycityfarmer said...

You didn't eat all those cookies did you, maybe that could be the cause of the tummie ache..hehehe

Greta Adams said...

dang girl you wanna come to my house with some of those delish treats....

Bare said...

Wow! I wish I lived closer, I'd like to be able to come to the Scrapbook thing! Especially since it's helping the youth to be able to take that awesome trip!

PS: Those cookies looked great!

Anonymous said...

Hey darlin', hope you are feeling better today! What kind of cookies are those? I want some! hehe...Massive well wishes to the kids for the event this weekend, sure to be a huge hit with you helping to put it together!

Anonymous said...

that class is going to be great, I love the prototypes, and I can't wait for the reviews..

Unknown said...

I love those books - would you consider a step-by-step blog entry for those of us who live too far from being able to attend your classes. That is a really cool project to work on from one birthday to the next (that's probably how long it would take me!). I STILL haven't watched one episode of LOST - my nephew finds it hard to forgive me for this. I don't know which one to start watching on DVD first - LOST or Gray's Anatomy. Hope you are feeling snot free! xox